BlindWine Wine Game - Gift Week

Need to expand…the Blind Wine/Beer game!

This looks like a wonderful gift and the price is very good. Unfortunately, I don’t know many people who would know what to do with this.

Yea, on the back of the invitations the host/hostess would fill in the region, varietal, year range and price range. Each guest brings a bottle of their choice based on the criteria. The guest that brought the highest ranking wine, after the totals are added up from the blind tasting, wins the gold medal.

As Cheron posted in the Pub:

So Six Game Bags.

Got this last year. Has all the instructions and invitations inside. Now if I only had a nice place to have people over …

<roaring laughter>

The pencils are for the fights that ensue after we dog on each others’ wine. In for one!

Excellent! Now I don’t have to wait months for the next Mystery Wine Challenge. I can get humiliated by my friends and loved ones right in my own home. With my luck, someone is sure to bring a rich, full-bodied Wellington Merlot.

Wine, lose, it’s all about conning them into bringing you free wine.

I would prefer uber-classy brown paper bags for hiding the wine. Someone needs to help dispell (or at least cast some doubt upon) wine’s hoity-toity image.

Was wondering, what are the bags made out of?

Also, if I pay extra s/h can I get a couple friends that will play the game, too?

Nice of you to First Sucker this one … mill had caught up to you again. Now you’re back in the lead. By one.

Wait!! Wait!! It’s coming to me!!! I can get one for MEEE!!!

And this is why you work at woot!

Hot air for a cool breeze?

Included in the game is 10 quick steps on how to play. We take all the guess work out of it.

Our “friends in the box” addition is coming out next year. (jk) The numbered bags are made out of a heavy duty red paper.

Good idea. At least I could probably tell the difference between wine and beer.

I got this last year for my family! It was a pretty fun game, and yes, the cheapest wine won.

One drawback: the bags are made of paper, so if they get wet… you’ve just got red goop. You could just as easily use paper bags and do this at home, but then you don’t get the score cards. It was a lot of fun to watch wine-drinking fans, yet noobs, try to figure out what the clarity of wine should be.

Not always…

My mom is a total wino so this is a fun chanukah present

Not sure… MaskedMarvel may have you beat in terms of ghettoness going on in their place. (Sorry MM)

LoonBoarder - nice PF reference!