BlindWine Wine Game

I dunno man - this is wine related and its cool for a change of pace. Would I want wine woot to do this often? No. But once for the holidays - good times.

Looks like fun.

At the game’s website, it is interesting to see results from other parties…there is not a strict correlation demonstrated between price and how pleasing the various wines prove…not unexpected, of course.

http://www.blindwine.com/national-results.php

Good deal and fun game! I’m in!

This looks like a fun game for a night with friends. I’ll get one.

that is really good gift to give

I agree with mostly. Personally, since I’m don’t really have much of interest in wine, I wouldn’t mind if Woot Wine did this ALL THE TIME, but that’s just me.

Also like how we’re in daily rotation as opposed to Wine Woot’s weekly change of products

I agree and my bank account is thanking me. I know for me it will help reduce the glut of wine I’ve been accumulating and it’s only for one week. Think of it as a week where the offering doesn’t appeal to one’s palate.

you need to preface it with “from amazon marketplace”.

how easy/hard is it to guess a wine? isnt there thousands of possibilities?

also cant you kinda tell by the corks/bottlenecks?

On the second day of Wootmas, WineDavid offered me
a BlindWine Wine Game
and a Bonsai Juniper Tree

— T

Got one! will make a great gift for my chef friend :slight_smile:

HA, nice

Not to be a killjoy…
But you can do a blind tasting at your house for free. All it takes is brown paper bags, some index cards, and a little guidance form the host. And you save $20. Stipulate the wines to bring to your guests and a price range and you’re golden.
I can see how if you’re trying to get someone ‘into’ wine, this would be a good gift. But for anyone already into it, this would be a bit extraneous, IMHO.

This is probably as close as wine.woot will ever come to a BOC.

sweet

In for 3… one for me and 2 for when I need a last minute gift or white elephant gift. :slight_smile:

Yeah, and here I thought paper bags were only for that Ripple I drink at the street corner while waiting for my crack dealer to show. The idea here is to give your wine-swilling friends a present without having to actually part with any wine.

agreed

great gift
my first purchase from wine.woot

I completely agree, but this just look better. When entertaining friends I don’t like to look like a cheapskate or a wino drinking wine out of a brown paper bag. :o

Its like pouring wine into a decanter instead of a wok. Both get the job done, but presentation is key.

In addition, having this ‘kit’ gives one more inclination to actually play the game.