Blink Mini- Indoor Smart Security Camera

Blink Mini- Indoor Smart Security Camera

Not sure I would buy one used - I bought one and it was linked to another account. Not easy to return. Still waiting for an RMA. I googled the issue and it seems to be common on these coming from woot. You would think they would check for this before sending!!!

Hi there. I don’t see an RMA on your order at this time. When did you contact customer service?

Make sure you use the support form:

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.

2 Likes

I had no problem activating, but one did seem to have something broken inside it. I could hear it rattling around. Doesn’t affect function that I can tell.

I bought 2 and had no issues with either of them. Just bought a 3rd.

I purchased one to use as a baby monitor. Works great as it notifies me and I’m able to check via live video. Won’t need to purchase the cloud storage.

1 Like

One in the pack of two I bought previously was defective although it looked new in box. It wouldn’t focus. Their customer support was on it instantly even at 3am and got me a new unit out in a few days. Buying another as these are great for watching the foster kittens in their room while I work.

Where can I find definitions of

• Used Good
  • Used Acceptable
  • Used Acceptable (1)?
    Is the list in order of quality, low to high?
    TIA
1 Like

Amazon rates them.

Amazon Devices - Used

Used Amazon devices are not accompanied by a manufacturer’s warranty but do receive a 30 day money-back guarantee from Amazon. In addition to the General Condition Guidelines, the following guidelines apply:

• Used - Very Good : Very minor cosmetic imperfection(s) on the item.
  • Used - Good : Minor cosmetic imperfection(s) on the item.
  • Used - Acceptable : Small cosmetic imperfection(s) on the item associated with regular use.
1 Like

Just something to keep in mind, these apparently do require a subscription if you want to have footage saved/viewable for later or don’t want your footage sent to cloud. Otherwise it’s only viewable on demand.

“The Blink Mini camera can be used without a subscription, but video clips cannot be stored to the cloud. Live view can be viewed but cannot be recorded at all, even if you have local storage set up.”

Blink did finally come out with a home storage system however that is a separate purchase (and takes up another outlet). It’s called Blink Sync Module if want to look it up and will cost you (currently) $16.

So if you’re someone that wants these for while you aren’t around and don’t want to be locked in a subscription, after add up the additional costs you might want to keep in mind there are other systems that are similar price point new and include on board SD storage.

1 Like

Thnx. Still unsure of Acceptable vs. Acceptable (1). What does # in parentheses differentiate?
Or do I need more espresso?

It’s the same condition. The way it gets loaded into the system if there’s an extra space or character it will set up the additional option. Even if there’s no real difference.

(Please Note: I’m not employed by Woot, but I volunteer to help in the forums.)

1 Like