Blink Outdoor (3rd Gen), 2 Camera Kit

Blink Outdoor (3rd Gen), 2 Camera Kit

1 Like

I have one of the original BLINK systems. Can these be added to that system?

Yes. I’m also an early adopter of Blink cameras. Over time, I have added later generation cameras and sync modules to my original Blink camera system and they have always functioned properly.

1 Like

So, if I add this “system” I have to use the sync module that comes with it. I can’t use my original sync module and just add the new cameras. I am not looking to pay the monthly service charge that BILNK now charges.

I think you’ll be able to use your original sync module. In your blink app, where you add new devices, does it list these as an option?

You can use your old sync module. I am grandfathered in, so I don’t pay a service charge. I’ve added new cameras using the old sync module with no problem. The Sync2 module is just sitting in the box.

3 Likes

Good to hear, thanks!

I think if you want to use the new Sync Mod, just call Blink & they can still Grandfather you in so you don’t have to pay a sub fee. It’s more of an account thing than a Sync Mod equipment issue. That’s my understanding, since I also was an early adopter of the Blink & have multiple generations of cameras on my system.
Although, if Jassy (as in Andy) has anything to do with it, he will do what Arlo did & just say :nut_and_bolt: Sc**w the Customer, we are going to no longer support Blink so those that have it can use their equipment as boat anchors for their toy boats.
Bring Back Jeff or BBJ

1 Like