Blink Outdoor Wireless HD Security Camera, 2 Camera Kit

Blink Outdoor Wireless HD Security Camera, 2 Camera Kit

1 Like

Does this camera record continuously after the motor sensor is triggered or only 30 seconds like the Ring?

You can adjust the amount of time it records in the Blink app.
There’s a ton of adjustments available, here’s a few from mine.

3 Likes

How good is the motion detection? My current cheap cameras detect simple lighting changes from clouds passing over the sun as “motion” - which renders that feature useless.

2 Likes

You can adjust the sensitivity, but in general mine are pretty good about not picking up every gnat flying by. The one that spans my backyard will pick up a cloud change once in a while but it mostly likes to spy on the spider living beside it. They really just pick up passing cars and people walking by.

I did the sync module with a memory card and it’s been months with no problems.

2 Likes

“Spider living nearby”, haha! A have birds that love mine, and will stand in front and peck at it. So far, it stands up great to that abuse!

1 Like

Max clip length is 30s. After that, the camera needs to re-trigger to start another clip.

Questions from a noob:
The sync module 2, which sells for $35 elsewhere is included, correct?
Is a subscription required, or is that just for off-site storage of video?
Can videos on the sync 2 be accessed through the app or must you remove the memory card and use a computer?
TIA
Edit: I see now that my first question is answered in the description.

The subscription is only needed if you don’t use the sync module with a memory stick.
You can watch the videos from the app off the sync module, but if you want to save one I think you’ll need to read the memory with a compuer. I haven’t really tried that out.
You’ll have to provide your own memory stick. I don’t think that’s included.

2 Likes

I like mine. Would love more cameras. This is a great deal and if I could today, I would buy another set just for the extra cameras since they cost more outside of this deal. Want to add more to put in trees in my yard to catch dog walkers not picking up poop in my yard. I’ll catch them suckers with these soon.

3 Likes

Absolutely incorrect information…