Blink XT2 Outdoor/Indoor Security Camera

**These do not come with latest sync module, there is no local storage option. **
These come with the older sync module, which does not allow for local storage.

1 Like

I have these at my home, had them a long time now and love them. I am sure I have the older model, but I am pleased and I am ordering a new set of 2. I will either use it with my current system or set up alone, not sure yet. I am curious to see if there is a difference.

1 Like

Mine arrive today, the 3 unit package, so I took a quick look at the Sync module and it does appear to be the first gen, which has a USB on the side but it isn’t for data transfer only power.

Sync Model Number: BSM00203U

1 Like

But the feature description for the item says " 1. Plug in, and sync module(gen 2), and connect to Wi-Fi". Even I bought a 2 xt2 camera kit and it was shipped with BSM00203U sync module. Can someone confirm that there is a mistake in the feature description or that the sync module is actually BSM00203U that supports USB storage? In the blink app I do not see the tab for local storage.

3 Likes

It does not seem that this has the sync module 2. Extremely disappointed to find this out right after I got rid of the box and ordered a usb drive. I’m the description it literally states

Camera Kits

• (1) Blink XT2 camera (dependent on quantity selected)
  • (1) sync module (Gen 2)”

It coming with a sync module 2 was literally the reason I purchased these cameras.

1 Like

yeah, me too.

Hey @Pitsaboi, can you tell us the model number of the sync module you received? Is it BSM00203U? Are some of the kits getting sync module 2s and some getting the OG sync module?

Sync Module 2 looks like this.

1 Like

Email notification? What is this 2001? No it sends a real-time notification to the app and / or Alexa device.

Can confirm, the 2 camera kit I purchased came with the Gen 1 sync module unfortunately. Model BSM00203U.

How do these cameras compare to the newest Blink Outdoor model?

I was thinking about integrating them into my existing 2 camera system.

Hi all. We were informed by the Blink team that these came with Gen 2 Sync modules. If you didn’t get that and it’s important to you, reach out to Woot! Customer Service for some options.

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.

2 Likes

Hi, Is this Gen 2 sync module information verified by the Woot team?

My family and I purchased a couple of these camera kits but all of them came with Gen 1 sync modules. Did replacements on a few and they also came with Gen 1 sync modules. As far as I can tell from the online forums, almost everyone is getting the Gen 1 sync modules. Only a few people have claimed they received Gen 2 sync modules, but they might have misidentified a Gen 1 as a Gen 2.

If they are verifiably shipping with Gen 2 sync modules now, I might purchase another few kits since local storage is important if you want to add other Blink cameras in the future without subscription fees.

We asked the Blink team as it was their inventory. The inventory is spread across dozens of Amazon warehouses so we don’t have a way to view them.

Last I heard, it wasn’t ALL sales that got Gen 1. The people that are posting got Gen 1.

1 Like

I understand regarding the verification.

Just a FYI from my personal experience. From the 9 kits my family and I purchased in total, all of them had Gen 1 sync modules. Replaced 3 kits, all of those had Gen 1 sync modules. Gave up. 0/12 so far.

Hope some very lucky people really did get the Gen 2 sync modules. Still a great deal regardless.

So is there an option to get a Gen 2 module sent to you if you don’t get one with the cameras? Or is it just a return and refund?

I’m not CS but I would imagine return/refund since we don’t have access to the Sync modules.

1 Like

I got a module Gen 1 with the wrong sticker on the back, awaiting replacement from blink. I did not realize it was a Gen 1 when I was talking to support as I have not had this working yet. If I get an RMA should I return the original Gen 1 module or the module that Blink is sending me?

What you were sent from us unless you have to return the sync to Blink.

1 Like

So I emailed CS. They make it sound like I can just exchange it. If they all have gen 1 sync module its pointless though.
How about a buyback of the gen1 sync module to give credit off buying a gen 2 from Amazon? At least we can get what were were suppose to get that way.