Bliss Deluxe XL Gravity-Free Recliner

Bliss Deluxe XL Gravity-Free Recliner

Bought 2 in 2017. Works fine, sturdy, supportive, but a bit heavy.

I bought one a few years ago, and I love it more than one should probably love a chair. Excellent for camping trips.

I think it was worth buying. I have not stayed in it all day, and I don’t sweat much, but it seemed breathable to me. The price is similar to 2017. I like the angles that it bends, and again, built really well as the trade-off for being heavy.

Received 2 chairs in good condition but trays were missing.
Waiting for customer service to reply.

We got our chair today too. Box was beat to hell, and looked like it had been reused because it listed a different color than we ordered, but was scratched out and 2 different colors listed. We got the color we ordered, but the tray was also missing and I can’t tell how the head cushion is supposed to attach. Chair is nice and comfy and feels sturdy though, so pretty happy overall.

Hello all. If your chair is missing the tray, make sure you contact Woot customer service for assistance.

Please contact Woot Customer Service for assistance. From a browser, use the Woot Customer Service form. In the Woot App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Bought 2 chairs. One was in good condition missing the tray, had some extra pieces not sure what for no directions for use. The second chair has “damaged” written across it in permanent marker, no pillow and no tray… and yes it is damaged.

I don’t think these were new.

Hi there. I’m sorry. I’m guessing that box got put in the wrong stack at the vendor and shouldn’t have shipped out.

Contact Woot customer service and they’ll take care of you.

As to the missing tray, the vendor did discover a small number of their units were missing the tray. Woot CS can help you there as well.