Blue Microphone Monday (But not on Monday)

Microphones can be handy. Do you have one for your computer, and what do you use it for? Skype? Making a podcast?

And while we’re here, what’s your favorite podcast?

I’ve used these at work for “group skype-ing”. They are great! I believe they would work decently well for recording band practice or something similar too.

I don’t listen to any podcasts, so I can’t help you there. NPR is my choice for the commute, so maybe some of theirs?

either cheaper by a few cents, or same price at the mothership.

also, free shipping. so the ones here actually end up costing more regardless…and will probably take longer to get to you (definitely so if you have prime like i do).

All of these microphones are either a few dollars cheaper or a few dollars more via Amazon - and they give free shipping. Compare and save.

I’ve seen the Blue “snowball” mics on places such as buy.com as low as $55 with free shipping. I don’t understand why they are so expensive on Woot.

looks just like a Telefunken U47

Yeti $93.03

Blue $55

Brushed Aluminum $59

WOW WOOT. Disappointed.

Also at BestBuy - Yeti=$99

Amazon also has an $8 off coupon thing.

It’s now $75 minus $8 coupon.

I have the snowball one. It works very well. The stand can be raised and the head can swivel. It is much larger than I expected, though, about the size of a 12" softball, so it takes up a fair bit of room on the desk.