Blue Nomad Wine Company Mixed Red - 6 Pack

This is certainly a fun looking wine which sounds like it will be a fun drinking wine. I can’t wait to try the glow in the dark aspect.

Sell to Maryland!!

It was listed with the quality posts but has now been removed…

Ty makes a Racchus,

the twin brother of Bacchus

He’s from another mother,

and coats my tastebuds in wonder

So this Swami makes me curious,

and perhaps a bit delirious

Because I have a feeling they’ll shock us,

with this wine called Rockus Bockus!

Your poetry has convinced me, I’m in! (plus I love GB wines)

We farm our own vineyards sustainably, meaning primarily organic practices and compounds, no pesticides and no pre emergent herbicides. I can’t speak to the detailed practices of all the vineyards we buy from for the Blue Nomad wines, but we favor those who farm sustainably as well.

Since they have such lush fruit, I’d recommend enjoying them before that fades at all, ideally within seven years from vintage on Rockus Bockus and five from vintage on Swami. So within two or three years from now on both.

Y’all are killin’ my SIWBM. KR yesterday and now GB today. Arrrrgggghhhh. In for one.

Last wooter to woot: mike808

Working on it Paul, sorry! Check back with the winery in a month or so.

True Halloween “Trick or Treat” story:

The other day I see a FedEx door tag. I check around to see who sent me any wine (since it said “Signature Required - Alcohol”) and all I get is crickets. So I’m thinking maybe a “Golden Ticket”?

My SO signs for the delivery and the shipping label says its from woot. Oh, yeah! Golden Ticket.

I get home and open it up. Now for some backstory. I played “Cellar Tetris” a few weeks ago, and took all my empty Woot boxes with those wine bottle trays and called a local wine shop and asked if they wanted them instead of regular recycling, and they said “Yes!”. So I dropped off a dozen boxes or so with the trays and forgot about it.

Now for the denouement. Turns out I got a case of Nebbiolo for some guy in Indiana because they didn’t remove the woot shipping label and replace it with the correct one.

It’s a Trick! Ha Ha.

After I’m done laughing about it, I’m contacting the wine shop as they probably have an irritated customer who isn’t going to get the wine they thought they shipped to him. It would be bad karma to keep a “free” case of fine Nebbiolos and costing my local wine shop twice for the same wine when they have to re-ship the order to the guy.

So, I’m getting a two-fer on karma points and I believe it is due to the efforts of my “Swami” that will be visiting shortly. :smiley:

…fair enough haha. Thanks!

Susan,
Used to live in California & loved GB, plus a great place to visit, if a tad out of the way. Hope you still have that Thurber on the wall?
Now I know Maryland is wee bit anachronistic – our official state sport is jousting, but I notice GB’s site says they can ship here. Is this true?
Anyway, letting you know I would play too, if allowed.
Deep sigh from Maryland.

Aw thanks! Hope you make it back out to GB again soon. Not sure what the Thurber is, is that the old NYer drawing? That’s in Jim B’s office now…

Yes GB has all our paperwork in order for MD, but Blue Nomad is a separate entity, and needs its own registration paperwork, which is still pending. MD folks, feel free to reach out to me at susans@gunbun and I can hook you up when we are legal.

On the fence here, I’m a diehard Cab guy, Gotta be a robust hardy wine, does this fit?

This looks pretty good. Damn you woot for continuing to offer great wines. I just got 2 shipments from you last week and now I’m in for one more with Blue Nomad! Thanks.

Rockus Bockus is a blend of Cab, Zin, Syrah, Malbec, Merlot and Petit verdot. Cab is the biggest proportion, and it is a full bodied, robust wine as you say, but not as structured (read tannic) as a varietal cab. I think you’d like it. However the Pinot is a silky, perfumed thing, a beauty in my eyes but a true pinot, not a powerhouse. So if that isn’t your thing, unless you share wine with a pinotphile, perhaps the fence-riding is warranted.

you are welcome (i think…)

“It’s a naive domestic Burgundy without any breeding, but I think you’ll be amused by its presumption.” James Thurber

Had just been at one of your competitors that was, shall we say, full of himself? Saw that and just started laughing.

This was, sadly, quite a bit ago.

**** Maryland is a go ****

Winery just informed us of the change.

Thanks,

mmmm, isn’t this hearty serving of crow delicious?..

Sorry folks, apparently I missed the memo with updated paperwork on shipping states. Good news is that Marylanders can jump on board now!