1 2006 Blue Rock Cabernet Sauvignon
1 2007 Blue Rock Best Barrels Cabernet Sauvignon
CT links above

Winery website

Blue Rock on Facebook
Blue Rock on Twitter

Previous offer:
1/19/11

I went in for this last time, but I haven’t opened either. Has anyone partaken in these yet?

We’ll see if it lasts…

Current numbers (updated each minute)
First sucker: diannap
Speed to first woot: 1m 16.983s
Last wooter to woot: diannap

I wish money grows on tree… THIS IS good stuff.

Can you elaborate on “good”?

Still letting the Best Barrels age, per the winemaker’s suggestion. Haven’t gotten around to the Cab yet, but thinking that may happen soon. Have a feeling these are going to be killer. If you open one, decant it and make sure it gets an hour or air to wake it up!

Rattage please from someone who went in last time? Very curious about this one!

oooooh. A vertical…I think.

The offer is slightly differant then the last offering. as that was just 2 of the Cabs. On the winery’s website the 2007 Best barrel goes for 75 alone.

edit: sorry i was going off the title. after reading the post they are the same

I opened a bottle a few days ago. I decanted it for a couple hours before drinking too much of it. It was very good. I’m not very good at describing wine, so I’ll say is I liked it very much and am buying more today.

I forgot to mention, it was the 2006 I opened. Still hoarding the 2007.

Same deal as last time. :wink:

edit I see your edit and raise you one edit! :slight_smile:

Starting to wonder if I should have gone in for two…

Sorry. No rattage on TUES Black Tie Buys.

I just ordered their sampler from their website ($20 + free shipping). Samples a few different wines. If I like those, I’ll just have to hope they come around again.

If you’re wondering, the answer is “yes.” :slight_smile:

You may need to “gift” yourself.

I told myself 2 sets of purchases and thats it and I’ve already bought one offering.

I haven’t had many Cab Savs but I did splurge on the Whitehall offering that came up recently. I shared the 2004 and it was really good with a bit of time to air out. I really want to compare the Whitehall with this. I’ve found an extra money to be very worth it-- from my limited experience.

I’d like to read more about this wine before I pull the trigger, however.

I wish the price was more woot-ish.

Looking at the average prices on CT for these two bottles, the woot price is…well, basically those average prices added together. Instead of the great deal that woot prices usually hit us with.

Considering. Woulda jumped at $50 or $60.

Had their 05 av cab.

According to memory, good ripe fruit forward with approachable solid tannin and silky texture with gentle long finish… how’s that?

Hmm, don’t have any cab sauv in my cellar as of yet, but I think this is a bit rich for my blood at the moment.