Blue Yeti USB Microphone

Blue Yeti USB Microphone

1 Like

Outstanding mic, I use mine constantly as part of my work. And I have and RE-20 and some very good Sennheiser mics. But for a quick recording to add a sentence or 30 second public service announcement to pre-recorded show, it saves a lot of time.

Do check to see how much noise your computer generates. as in fan and drive.

I’ve had one of these for about three years now and am quite pleased with the overall quality of the mic itself. At this price it’s a greatvalue.

Excellent mic. It is a solid chunk of equipment, too. I have had mine for a few years and it has worked flawlessly every time. I record acoustic guitar and spoken word (audiobook) with it. This is a great price for it.

I would normally caution against the Yeti. For the (usual) price, you can pick up a Behringer audio interface* and XLR microphone, plus cables and mic stand, which gives you a higher quality audio and a more flexible setup. (I actually have a Behringer UMC202 and UMC404)

However, at $63, that’s actually close to the amount of value that the Yeti provides, so this is a somewhat decent deal.

Having said that, after a bad experience with Blue’s Icicle audio interface, I will personally never buy from them again.

*Every USB microphone has a built in audio interface, it’s the generic term for the ADC what takes the analog sound signals and turns them into digital sound signals. A built-in audio interface means it can’t be upgraded if you come into better funding, and they usually use lower-end parts to keep the cost of the overall device down, since people tend to be more willing to spend $150 on an audio interface and $100 for an XLR microphone than they are to spend $250 on a standalone USB microphone with equivalent specs. In general, if you can separate the interface, preamp, and mic into different components, you’ll get higher quality audio out the other end.

I have purchased “factory reconditioned” items before and this I sincerely suspect this was NOT factory reconditioned. The microphone is disgusting with dirt and other dried fluids not only in nooks and crevices but on the large surfaces of the stand and microphone. Another reason I don’t feel it was reconditioned is that the package contained the original return authorization with handwritten note on it and business card of the original owner.

Was hesitant to even try this, but thought I could clean it up no problem. That is not the case. This microphone was dead on arrival. So upset right now.

I’m very sorry. Please reach out to Woot Customer Service. From a browser, use the Woot Customer Service form. In the Woot App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.