Blueair 450E Digital Air Purifier

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]
http://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/532649ab-cc87-43b7-8839-b43cfd56185d.jpg

Blueair 450E Digital Air Purifier
Price: $329.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Monday, Oct 27 to Tuesday, Oct 28) + transit
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

[http://www.wootstalker.com/images/buy.png

Buy It](Blueair 450E Digital Air Purifier) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/amazon.png

Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Blueair 450E Digital Air Purifier) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/google.png

Search Google](Blueair - Google Shopping 450E Digital Air Purifier)

Product Page
Amazon reviews

Time to learn all about BlueAir and have you ever asked the question Why BlueAir?

All of the air in my house is analog. Will this work in my house?

How do you extend the warranty to five years? The link leads to a dead page?!

[youtube=EIR8TrQ-RlQ][/youtube]
Sharper Image Review

Fixed, sorry! Just scroll down the page slightly.

We absolutely love ours. The volume level goes from silent to “I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over this jet aircraft”, but in a good way. We like white noise while we sleep, and this does the trick when we need it, though the lower volume levels are VERY low while still moving a lot of air. We went from itching like mad (dust mite allergy) to absolutely happy in about a day. If you sign up for their filter club, you can (likely, at least we were able to) extend the warranty to effectively forever. The one time we took advantage of that warranty, it was painless. STRONGLY recommended!

without cost and life expectancy info on replacement filter(s), and such a high price, can’t imagine this being an intelligent buy

I bought a Winnix off of Amazon last year that operates pretty much the same way as this Blue Air for about a $100 less.
We have no furnace in our house so we do not have any air recirculation. The Winnix is in a room that’s roughly twice the size it’s meant for and it has reduced the dust level by about 80%. I’m about ready to buy another one.
I’d consider this Blue Air but I don’t want to have to buy two different style replacement filters. I can’t imagine this Blue Air doing a much better job than the Winnix anyhow.

Please be careful. Sharper image has overstated the value of many products that have subsequently been proven to be worthless.

What makes BlueAir great? Isn’t effective measure by how much air it can move?

If you don’t move air you cannot clean air. Those appear to me to be tiny filters. Is this different that the honeywell’s or other products you can get at sears?

Anyone have real world experience with both this and an austin healthmate? i LOVE my austin, and am looking for another one for upstairs. Blueair consistently rates high but how do they stack up?

Eric - the difference between top tier brands and the typical 100.00-ish honeywell is vast. (with that said - there are some honeywells i’d have no problem buying - the big canisters are a good, old standard) The motors are a big difference - typically, the higher level filters have higher amperage motors… flow rate is subjective - if one company uses less filtration, it’ll flow more through the media, but with less effective cleaning. once that filter has some particulate accumulation, the little 1.5A motors struggle to get air through, whereas a bigger 3.5A motor would just keep chugging and maintain a given flow rating. Next up is media. A standard hepa panel is fine for larger allergens, but won’t do much about smoke or smells. higher end filters combine multi stage filtering, including real amounts of charcoal (not just charcoal infused pre-filters).
Last is the actual flow path - if you’re finding dust anywhere but on the filter when you take it apart to clean - then that’s dust that’s getting back into your air stream… my honeywells had a chronic problem with this - they just didn’t seal well to isolate the filter. Additionally, the ones i had, had a rather brute-force method of cleaning - throwing a lot of air around, but not in such a way that it was making a huge difference across the room - just it’s local 10 sq foot area.

Thank you! When I saw that “digital” idiocy in the product name, I had to come here to see someone ridicule it.

I live in Grayjing; I last saw blue air (skies) about two weeks ago. An “unhealthy” rating is considered a fairly good day. Today, like yesterday, breathing is rated as “hazardous.” Good thing I don’t need to breathe! Oh, wait…

Blueair is a very popular brand here. I don’t have their filters only because they’re expensive here, even used, due in part to their popularity.

Noise: I usually leave my home air filter (Yadu brand) on low, then crank it up, if needed, while I’m awake. Overnight, even the lowest setting is good enough. That should work for anyone, assuming: 1) the place whose air you’re trying to clean doesn’t have significant drafts;
2) the model you’re using has enough throughput for the area you’re filtering.

Filters: Most good models have at least two, one for larger particles, hair, etc. and a smaller HEPA filter. No manufacturer can tell you exactly how often to change your filters because it depends on the quality of the air going into the filter. Here in China’s Smog Capital, most air filters last 6-18 months, depending on usage, model, etc. What manufacturers could tell you, but usually don’t, is that on most brands and models you can extend the life of the main filters (the big one/ones, not the smaller HEPA filter) by shaking or even washing them. The profit margin on filters is much higher than on the machines, so mfrs want to sell you as many of their filters as possible.

Yes but this has a full HD 1080P resolution filter for maximum efficiency. The air is much crisper and a real treat for your eyes.

My son uses the larger capacity Blue Air unit in his condo for allergy related asthma. He says the $70 filter (yearly) is a bargain. The unit is very quiet. He’ll never be without one.

Update: Beijing’s air was “hazardous” when I wrote earlier, when I had my air purifier going full-blast; now the PM 2.5 rating is “moderate.” Wow, that’s a really great air purifier!

Seriously, think about it: did people in BJ (yes, that’s the official postal nickname!) suddenly stop spewing air pollutants? No. All pollution sources are still in full operation. Any time the air is somewhat clear here, it simply means the pollution is being blown to Japan, and from there to the U.S., then to Europe, then back to China. There are bands of smog going around the world - most people just haven’t noticed them yet. There are also atmospheric currents like rivers to carry pollutants north and south, so the pollution spreads over the entire globe. Radiation leaks like Chernobyl and Fukushima Daiichi make it easier to see how pollutants spread around the world.

LMAO, woot! F u k u shima got auto-edited? Seriously? No one there speaks Japanese, or has ever even heard of F u k u shima?