Bluetooth

I bought the “JBL OnBeat Venue LT Lightning Speaker Dock with Bluetooth” on a woot. Here are my impressions:

I love the sound. It’s rich and full. I have yet to max out the volume button in my small apartment; it has plenty of wattage for me. I’m primarily using it to play electronica music and watch streaming video such as Netflix and Amazon Prime.

I also like the little docking drawer in front that clicks and slides open and shut. I usually don’t dock anything on the speaker but rather connect via Bluetooth, so it’s nice to push that in and not have it sticking out to get in the way or break off.

It is large. And weighty. Whether that is a pro or con is up to you. Mine lives in one room, so it’s not a big deal. But this is prolly not a speaker you’d want to try to put in a backpack and take with you or anything.

When you connect an i-device, it wants you to download an app. Meh, I didn’t bother with it. You definitely do NOT need the app.

In the few months I’ve been using the speaker, there was one random disconnect from Bluetooth. Power cycling fixed it. Other than that, nothing to complain about. I recommend this speaker.

In for the receiver; gonna upgrade the ol TDK boombox I bought a while ago with it.

Edit: Received on 6/7/14, charged it off the computer’s charging hub for a couple hours as directed, and plugged it in to the TDK and paired it with the tablet I plan on feeding it with. Works very well, would woot again. Plus, the TDK can charge it from it’s USB port as well, so it’s a double win there. :slight_smile:

I wish you could pick the color for the Craig portable speaker. I’d hate to order one for my son and end up with a purple one. Otherwise, I’d be in for one.

Ordered Harman Kardon BTA 10 External Bluetooth Adapter 5/31 and still haven’t got it. Says shipped, but no tracking number either. Pretty disappointed.

Sorry to hear that you haven’t received a portion of you order.

If you haven’t already, please email into support@woot.com and let them know.
They should be able to provide a solution and answer any questions about your order.

Thanks, I have written support and was told 6 days ago to allow a couple days for it to arrive. And on the 7th, was told I should get a tracking number. Still waiting. Got the other half of my order on the 6th. And they were shipped the same day.

Sorry for the problem. I’ll ask CS about it to see if they can look deeper into the problem.