BOA Portable Remote Security System

Car alarms are the crickets of the 21st century…

At least it’s not a roomba. or a watch. or a dvd player for your car. I get it. This is so you can spend more TIME watching the cats freak out about the ROOMBA and not worry so much about someone stealing your cars DVD PLAYER. Have a good night everyone.

I thought it was a jet pack!
what good is it if it clips on to the visor? all you have to do is get in and unplug it from the cig lighter, haha! This is a modern engineering marvel I hope whoever came up with this one got a big raise.

anyone have an idea of how to power it besides “Cigarette Lighter Power Adapter” . I have a car in the works that does not have a cig lighter. An old 72 chevy nova. Just curious any ideas welcome.

my friends car and 2 others at college just got broke into tonight…then this comes on woot? is that a sign?? I’m in for 1

Why does it come with a USB extension cable?

I think I saw one of these time machines on Napoleon Dynamite. I wish I could go back to '82.

Well, one good thing about it is that it doesn’t appear to honk the car’s horn when it arms.

My factory-installed car alarm gives off a nice little beep. It’s clearly audible, but not annoying.
I used to live upstairs from a guy with a retrofit alarm in his pickup trick, though, and when he’d come home at 3 AM he’d arm it, and the single honk would wake me up, the bastard.

Where the heck have you been the last… 4 days? lol

And wtf at this thing. I saw it and started laughing.

Tempted but I don’t know the effectiveness. Is there a review?

Not something I’d go for, but it is a great price on this one. It’s new, self install, you can move it over to another car. I just want something solid for my car, and one of those runs about $300-400.

yeah, i wouldnt trust that with my car

Couldn’t a thief just yank it off the sunvisor and stomp the hell out of it until it stops whining? Is there another siren that is hidden that is not in the pic? This seems like a good deal, but kinda crappy as far as alarms go. And how loud can it be in the car? Most alarms have the siren under the hood.

Doesn’t this put a constant drain on the battery, if it is plugged into the cigarette lighter and always on?

I would imagine that’s what the “hardwire” thing is

So… does anyone know if this is a good security system or not? Reviews seem to be hard to come by.

Commuting into Detroit for school everyday is rather scary. I think I might be in for 1 if it turns out to be reliable. I can’t complain about 30 bucks since it retails for $140.

A visor mounted automobile security sysem??? You have got to be kidding me!!!

If I were a thief I would just throw this thing out the window as I’m racing away down the street.

Great description!
Made me laugh.
Then I got scared.
Woot, please don’t let this end up in my Band Of Cellos!
Please?

Pretty expensive on other places

Good deal, but I see no point

It says it comes with the hard wired adapter too.