bObsweep Standard & PetHair Robot Vacuums-2 Colors

I second the comments about Neato’s customer support being non-existant. It took truly a month of email exchanges with the “customer support” dept. and finally an email to everyone listed as a company officer to get a response. The outcome: they offered to swap it for a refurb for a not too nominal fee.

Fortunately I bought the Neato from Costco where no matter what, if you have a receipt you get a refund.

I used the refund to but another one which has run fine for about 16 months now. But trust me - I still have the box and Costco receipt.

Perhaps at is why Costco isn’t selling them now.

I just don’t think robot vacumes are perfected yet. I have had Roombas and Neatos. I am ashamed to say how many. I always get a square trade warranty. They last for a while, then about after a year and a half, they start having issues.

Neat used to have great customer service when they first started up. Now I see many complaints about their service. That being said, I don’t see how this Bobsweep navigates. Does it go room to room like the Neato?

I have one of these plus 2 cats and a dog on hardwood floors. it works great for the money. No complaints, use it in a different room daily.

what’s square trade? i’ve never bought that before but is it good to have that?

and yeah my bobsweep goes room to room but i never tried neato so idk how they differ. i’m also in a small apartment so it’s easier for my vacuum to cover every room before it even needs to charge again (=

[QUOTE=jenniferwrong, post:24, topic:532210]
what’s square trade? i’ve never bought that before but is it good to have that?

Square trade is a warranty service. I have had very good luck getting my money back when 3 of my robot vacuums broke.

I have pretty low pile carpet with a rug on top and this thing does just fine. In that youtube video someone posted above you can see it struggling a tiny bit to climb on what looks like some pretty thick carpeting, and handles it fairly well. I honestly wasn’t sure if it would be able to climb that but visual evidence is cool!

All my other rugs are a bit heavy, but they aren’t too thick, and the Bobsweep has zero trouble cleaning them. I say go for it. Like other people have stated, the reviews all say customer support is pretty stellar.

Who would have guessed that someone named lazynerdface would be the 1st to buy an automated vacuum cleaner! Now he can achieve a new level of laziness! Congratulations I hope all your laid back dreams come true.

Bought the Pet Hair at Amazon about $20 cheaper just before Christmas and they included an $89 extra service agreement.
Three weeks later I returned it.
It never once found its way back to the charger. It would just bump the charger around when it got close until it ran out of juice.
It got stuck on a 1/2" ledge between rooms.
It got stuck under the bed most of the time where it was hard to reach.
The cleaning pattern makes no sense going over some spots five or ten times and other places maybe once. And this was not dirt related.
Caring for it took more time than vacuuming by hand.
If I had just one big room and little furniture, maybe it would have worked. We have too much dog hair so it needed emptying every time and cleaning the underside meant unscrewing the beater brush each time.
It turned into a disappointing experiment and a big red eyesore. It’s a pretty big thing to have always in the way, especially when it has to be near an electrical outlet.

Why would you want to compare anything to the Neeto expensive door stops? I don’t know how BOB works, but if it lasts more than a year and does ANYTHING, it is better than Neato. Anyone want 3 doorstops? I’ve got 'em.

I’ll second that. $300 for what ends up being a piece of junk