Bodegas Paso Robles Rosé de Garnacha (3)

Bodegas Paso Robles ‘Rosado’ Rosé de Garnacha 3-Pack
$49.99 $̶8̶6̶.̶0̶0̶ 42% off List Price
2012 Bodegas Paso Robles Rosado
CT link above

Winery website

Just biked for a couple hours, and the tasting notes really sounds delicious right now. Is it pretty sweet? I’ve never had a wine recommended ice cold before.

So join or create a WW Gathering!

The nose is sweet, but on the palate this wine is very dry. It is smooth, well balanced, and a great summer sipper.

Sounds like a sneak preview of a more detailed post to come, hopefully? I hesitate to pay ~ $20/bottle (shipped) for a Rosé but I really enjoyed their Albariño and there were only 90 cases produced of this Rosé which makes it pretty exclusive.

Hi Everyone!

I am Heather and I am the winery representative. Sorry it took me a bit to get on the boards! I am available to answer any questions.

The nose is a fruity, almost sweet nose but the finish is extremely dry. It’s very refreshing for hot Summer afternoons.

2012 Bodegas Paso Robles Rosado
Color is light strawberry. The nose is fresh and light with mild strawberry and a hint of citrus maybe. Was a bit surprised by the palate as it didn’t quite match the nose. A bit heavy and viscous on the mouthfeel. Initially tried serving quite chilled as recommended on the bottle, but found that it was far more enjoyable after a warmup. Got more fruit when it was warmer, which was a mix of strawberry, watermelon, and some caramel notes. My notes say I had the impression it was off dry based on the front palate, but the finish was dry. Medium acid. Tried on day 2, but it had fallen apart a bit. I think it could benefit from a bit of bottle age, but wouldn’t wait more than 2 or 3 years.

Not unlike many of my posts - this is (sort of) unrelated to this offering -

The question:

Can we still “gift” wines or has this option gone away?

Thanks for joining us today Heather! Always good to see Bodegas here on Woot!

Can you tell us a little about the fruit source for the Grenache? Also, any comment on the mixture of stainless and neutral oak? Lastly, I know Dorothy has made Rosado with Tempranillo in the past- does she still? and/or why the switch to Garnacha?

help, is this a sweet or dry wine?

Hey, I’ve got notes on this.

To start out with, this is a dry wine.

It’s a pale colored Rose. Somewhere between an orange clementine color and pinkish salmon color.

I drank it chilled initially, and I’d tend to agree with Trifecta that it showed a little bit better after it warmed up, but given that it’s hot in Texas, I still preferred to drink it chilled.

Based on the color, I expected this to be a bit lighter feel than the actual wine turned out to be. It had flavors of strawberry and watermelon candy.

It didn’t have quite the acidity hit that I like from my Roses, and there was a carmel note on the finish that was a little different for me and took me a minute to adjust to.

My girlfriend enjoyed it. I thought it was decent: 87.

I’ll admit to being a sucker for the Bodegas bottle labels though.

Fruit is from Paso Robles, just on the east side of the Salinas River. Dorothy decided to use Grenache (Garnacha) last year because the vineyard was only 15 minutes away and she could check on it all the time. She also thinks the French have it right with using this grape for rose. She used a little stainless for the crispness it provides and the neutral French to give it some roundness in the middle.

Thank you for those fantastic notes! (And for being a sucker for the labels:-))