$59.99 + $7.00 shipping
CONDITION: Red
PRODUCTS:
1 2005 Solea
1 2005 ¡Viva Yo!
1 2007 ¡Viva Tu!
CT links above

Winery website

Very pretty label - but why no upside down bottles in the picture?

i need to know how fabulous is this wine?

Edit: Removed misunderstanding

I reviewed the CT for all and did not see any mention of corked wines. Which review(s) are you referring?

LOVE the labels!!! Anyone had these?

I have visited their tasting room and tried the wines. I liked the Bastardo they do better than the Tempranillos they do.

I was not convinced these were worth the money and left without a Tempranillo in my bag.

YMMV as well as your palates, but for this money, there are quite a few better Tempranillo out there.

Oops, hadn’t fully realised that Brett and corkage (TCA) were different things.

The 2nd and 3rd varities on the list are both subject to brett influences it would seem.

This isn’t necessarily a bad thing, just a peculiarity. May even be a good reason to try these wines to see if you can detect it or if you like it.

Edited wording: Brett isn’t all bad

There is a group of people out there that like wines with a touch of Brett. Mostly found in wines that use very old french barrels. Generally speaking brett only affects the aroma and not the taste.
I’m one of these people who like brett. If anyone knows of a forum that tells you which wines are brett “infested”, I’d welcome the information.

In hopes of finding some tasting notes from some one, a little google dug up these notes:

http://passionatefoodie.blogspot.com/2010/05/bodegas-paso-robles-taste-of-spain.html

“The 2002 Solea was a bit funky on the nose, and probably could benefit from decanting. On the palate, it had bright fruit flavors of blueberry, plum and cherry with some pronounced earthiness and underlying spice. In comparison, the 2005 [Solea] had more pronounced fruit and much less earthiness. Both wines were smooth, complex and had lengthy and pleasant finishes. The 2002 reminded me more of a traditional Spanish wine while the 2005 was more like the new style Spanish wines.”

AND

“Like the 2002 Solea, the 2002 ¡Viva Yo! had some funk on the nose. The fruit flavors were also more subdued, making this a more elegant and subtle wine. In comparison, the 2005 [¡Viva Yo!] was fruitier but had rougher tannins, and probably needs more time in the bottle. It is a simpler wine than the Solea, and much more of an every day wine to drink with dinner.”

I still can’t decide if I’m gonna grab one though…

Hi, I have had all of these wines and know them well, THERE IS NO BRET in any of Bodegas Paso Robles Wines!!

If you want some tasting notes on all of their wines, you can go to www.bodegaspasorobels.com and look at the about us section on their website. All of the tasting notes are there

… But are they good?

Yes, they are fantastic wines with many gold medals. Read what the passionate foodie has to say about them. Great wines at a great price!

I have had the pleasure of ingesting about 80 bottles of wine from this winemaker 2002-current vintages and never had one be corked. She is one of the best winemakers in the Paso Robles area and all of her wines are consistently good and above average on nose, taste, and finish. Stellar wine

The 2005 Viva Yo is one of our favorite wines! My wife and I buy it by the case.

Thanks for the data hcgray3. I am wondering what connection, if any, you have to this winery. I couldn’t help but notice that your Woot account was opened today… not that there is anything wrong with that. Just looking for full disclosure, if there is a connection. Thanks in advance. -Greg

EDIT: I should add that I’ve been away from the PC since last night, and so I may have missed some pertinent info over the last many hours. But I am noticing several new Woot members contributing… welcome aboard, and please don’t take offense, but I think any connections to the wine makers should be disclosed - wine club member? friend of wine maker? employee? etc. - Thanks again.

East coast Mary.

These wines are fantastic. The 2005 solea is one of her best. 2007 Viva Tu is tasting great right now so drink that one first. One thing I really like is the alcohol is low in her wines. They taste like a wine made in spain/portugal than California. Made in small quantities with a lot of care. I would definitely recommend picking up this package. I have tasted pretty much all of her wines through out all of her vintages and they have all been good. Definitely a great winemaker and label

Hi Greg,
I just heard about this website and when I found out that Bodegas Paso Robles was having a woot off today I wanted to be a part of it. I work in the tasting room for this winery and was forwarding along comments that I have received from several customers. I deal with these wines and customers first hand and find that people are impressed with the quality of the wine for the price.