Body by Jake Suspension I.M. Rings

I believe suspension training to be one of the best forms of exercise for those from raw beginner to advanced. You can adjust the lever (length of the straps + your body) from very short to very long and make the exercise very easy or very hard, thereby matching your fitness level. Your core is also forced to stabilize your body as you go through the range of motion of each exercise so you’re getting a fantastic core workout while you’re doing pushups, pulls, lunges, squats, or whatever without even realizing it. Rings are actually very comfortable to use, even if they don’t really look it. About the only downfall is they don’t seem to stay on the tops of your feet (or maybe those are just mine) as well as some of the other systems out there. Either way, this is a fantastic buy at this price.

@machielo: boxed weight is 8 pounds for the set.

Hmmm, not that versatile. Get some XTreme rings from gymnasticbodies. Much more portable, sturdy, adjustable. Can move the metal attachment point away from the rings so you don’t scrape your arm for dips, muscle-ups, etc.

Sample Demo Exercises . . .

I.M. Rings

[youtube=n94VQdPKWpw][/youtube]

BodyByJakeGlobal

March 29, 2013

Another Overview Demo . . .

Body By Jake I.M. Rings

[youtube=FTcwmnsqXrQ][/youtube]

April 29, 2012

Demo of more exercise options . . .

Master THIS. I.M. Rings

[youtube=-vC3wGiwvW4][/youtube]

BodyByJakeGlobal

April 9, 2013

At the product manufacturer website below is a short 30-second video demo I cannot find anywhere to embed in the forum but you can download the video, & it also says it has a “Lifetime Warranty”.

—> 30-sec. Video Demo

—> “Lifetime Warranty”

:slight_smile:

The im rings can be used without the door attachment and used on a pullup bar, level tree branch, or attached to a ceiling cross beam. So I think they are just as versatile as any gym rings. You can attach them at the same point if you really want to the TRX trainer limitations.
The D rings along the straps make it alot faster to adjust than the typical gym rings where you have to adjust using a cam buckle and make sure you have it level.
You would want to quickly adjust if you wanted to switch between ring pushup/rows to dips or even pullups.
The rings are thinner than your standard gym rings so that may be an issue if you have big hands.

The beauty of the device is really the straps with d-rings… Hence i’d get it just for parts to make my own rings quicker to adjust.

Are these better than resistance bands where you can get the set that hooks onto a door?

Depends on what you want… The im rings are a little bit more involved with setting up on a doorway compared to resistance bands. But I think the resistance bands will get boring alot faster than the rings.
You can do almost all the trx exercises as well as all the gymnastic ring exercises on the rings. bands won’t let you do ring rows, face pulls, or pushups where you might want to aim at lifting your own weight and more some day.

Don’t Quit!

Ugh… shame the wife has me on a strict budget.
I’ve been wanting a set of TRX straps for over a year now…

I ended up biting on this, I’ve been wanting a set of rings for awhile now… and good quality or not it was a pretty darn good price.

I was just looking at that - but can’t tell how to get it for 14.95 - when you click on it - it’s 109.00!

??

I wish the rings were a bit larger (diameter and thickness).