Bohemian Rhapsody

I was a HUGE Queen fan in my youth. This morning I took in a matinee and saw the movie. Knowing details on Queen as well as I do, I did notice some inaccuracies, but overall, it was a fabulous movie and well worth seeing it on the big screen.

In my resurgence of interest in the band, I spent some time revisiting old interviews, music videos, etc., the last couple weeks. I didn’t know there was a “Queen Extravaganza” band, in effect, an official Queen Tribute band. Check this guy out, they used him for some of the vocals in the movie.

and this

It just blows me away that someone can even come close to Mercury.

Welp, now I need to see this movie.

And also do some karaoke.

Man I miss singing.

Before I went to the movie, I watched the trailer for the movie. Clearly, Rami Malek looks similar to Freddie but I was focusing on how he looked different. At the movie, you forget, and before you know it you are immersed. Granted, they can only do so much, Freddie had such distinctive movements, manner of speaking, etc, but I can’t imagine anyone else doing a better job. I hope he wins awards for his performance.

loved the movie, and now seriously considering seeing his Queen Extravaganza when they come by next summer. thanks for the links!

I got goosebumps.