Bondic Pro Kit and Refills

Bondic Pro Kit and Refills

I’ve seen this before. Isn’t this stuff just like hot wax cure or am I wrong? I’m intrigued this could possibly be replacing duck tape for us DIY people. I don’t like welding nor using epoxy but this stuff has me wondering if it actually works.

1 Like

I was thinking about getting my glue gun out and running some wax along a refrigerator gasket that I just replaced a few weeks back. The gasket is there but keeps coming away from the door. I’m contemplating buying this and trying it but I’m afraid that would take $30 of this stuff rather than glue sticks are much cheaper and i would only use maybe two 1/2" × 10" sticks.

It’s a kind of resin, so it’s not exactly epoxy but related to it. It cures very hard and strong; being a liquid, it can soak into things before curing; and the tiny tip can push the stuff into small gaps. And you also have an unlimited working time.

The bad news is that the stuff only cures where the UV can reach, so it’s not very useful as a glue unless the parts are clear. The unused liquid also breaks down over time; I believe the official expiration date is about a year, though I’ve had mine for several years and it still works reasonably well. The cured stuff never breaks down, I believe.

If you like to repair things, then it’s definitely worth getting a kit and trying it out.

2 Likes

I will need at least the starter kit correct. The refills don’t contain the UV light?

All these plastic bonding kits are hogwash. Save your money.

1 Like

I have used Bondic to fix various items and It Works. I used it to with an old pair of glasses to create a custom snorkeling mask. Saved me $500 not having to get a prescription snorkeling mask. I used Bondic to fix a chipped coffee mug. Bondic fixed the bad rough surface and made a smooth new lip.
It is not liquid like water more like a syrup. It does not harden until you shine the included light on the “weld.” It will not “cure” or harden until it gets hit with the UV light. It hardens within seconds so you can use the item immediately or sand, sand, drill or paint.

1 Like

I picked this up on a lark a couple of years back and I’m really glad I did. I’ve got kids and the number of times I’ve used it to repair broken toy cars alone made it worth the price. Most recently, I used it to sort of “glue” two metal things together (parts of a towel holder… hard to explain) after trying a few other things, including sugru – which rarely lets me down – and it’s the only thing that did the trick.

I’m definitely in for some more. Very useful thing to have in the home repair kit. I’m not particularly handy, either.

1 Like

I’m with the others here who think this stuff is great. My sister recommended it and now I keep it on hand. It’s amazing the range of things that you can fix with it. It’s easy to use. I believe the website has the story of how it was invented. It’s a very handy thing to have.

How did you fix the coffee mug? If you put this stuff on the mug itself and put the chip back in place, how did the light get in there to bond it?

I’m tempted but confused.

1 Like

As long as this stuff runs clear and you have a source of UV it will eventually harden. If light didn’t refract and shine through clear substances we wouldn’t have fiber optics.

From what I have read on how this works, he probably filled in the chip gap with the Bondic, made sure it was smooth and then used the UV light to harden it.

I bought this stuff on a gamble last night in hopes it will work as good if not better than my always on hand gorilla glue. I was in for the Pro starter kit and 5 pack refill. We will see if this stuff actually works soon enough. If it doesn’t I’m going to request a return or try to sell it to another sucker.

I tried gorilla glue once and it worked but then when I went to use it again a year later, the whole tube had hardened even though it was closed correctly.

Only correct comment here! Stuff does not adhere for very long and chips right off! And it turn yellow!

Yes, its very tricky i buy the gel and make sure that i let some run out and dry before putting the screw top back on. Than when I go back to use it i cut a bit from the top off and poke the tip with a nail use repeat same process. Eventually the top won’t screw back on. So, i just place a screw in it. Once, I’m done there’s no plastic tip left and minimal product wasted.

Well if I end up not liking it I hope i can sell it to another sucker for a bit of profit or ask for refund. I will be sure to try to use it once received. I might even break something that I know i could use normal gorilla glue on and see if this stuff does a better job. My worries is with ceramic or plastic i seem to never be able to fix them correctly so when they just break again in the same spot trash they go. My hopes was to use this as clear like plastic epoxy. If it yellows thats a big let down.

Bought some from Woot a while back to have it in my toolkit and a few months later when I needed it the resin had all dried up. I’d never buy Bondic products again.

1 Like

Gorilla Glue, 2part epoxy is a good one. The pain of mixing it each time is offset by the “never dries in tube” conundrum. It comes in a handy double syringe package.

Eh, honestly who knows why people have different experiences but I’ve been using it for years and it has never yellowed on me (or come close to hardening in the tube). The biggest drawback really is that, as mentioned, if the light can’t reach it, it won’t harden, so it isn’t always a great replacement for a glue but I’ve been glad to have it in my small repairs toolkit. Hope it works out for you!