Bonny Doon Pinot Noir Vertical (3)

You realize, I’m sure, that underlying what you say here are certain assumptions, including, but not limited to:

1. that the people who engage in the gnashing of teeth and posting of rants will read what’s posted,
  2. that they will understand the subtleties thereof.
    The staff people and a number of wooters who understand the laws of the state in which they live have posted explanations countless times that licensing regulations and costs vary from state to state, each winery has to have a license to ship their wine to a particular state, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. Yet the rants continue.

Excelsior!

Agreed. I did once find a budget priced Pinot that was quite good: D’ontspille le Black by Woot Cellars. It sold out years ago, though…

That’s true, you can’t please all the wooters all the time. Some people will never read, nor take the time to comprehend the basic notions you list in #2. But my suggestion addresses not the people who never read, but the people who do read, closely, and don’t think the current copy sufficiently explains why they can’t get that day’s offer.

I think at least some misunderstanding and annoyance could be avoided if W.Woot could just slightly amend that blanket statement that’s on every offer, that wine can only be shipped to these states. We often see people taking issue with that broad assertion. If Woot were to tighten up their standard language just a little, to more accurately describe the situation (“We are only able to ship this offer to the following states”), it would eliminate at least some of the static. It wouldn’t stop people from asking why their state isn’t on the list, but it might reduce some of the argumentative posts we see from people who are aware that wine can be shipped into their states and are frustrated with the explanation on the page for why they can’t order.

Our state motto. So glad they don’t pack our wine shipments in it.

I will suggest an edit to the standard copy of our state list. But I cannot make any promises that a change will happen quickly, or at all. I imagine our legal team will probably need to be consulted, and that is never a swift endeavor.

Thanks!

Word.

yea, i can see how better wording may be in order. i’ll dig in on this as well.

Hi there, Katie here from BDV.

We DO indeed ship to MA and are permitted to do so, so I’m not sure what the issue is and why the customer cannot purchase.

Thanks for your persistence!

750ml :slight_smile:

Hi there! I am not sure what the issue is, we ARE permitted to ship to MA, so I have reached out to my contacts at Woot to see how we can get this fixed for you.

Thanks for pointing this out!

Cheers!
Katie @ BDV

Thank you so much for your kind words, so glad you enjoyed! Sounds like a delicious pairing.

Cheers!

I have no idea. I just have noticed it more for pinots.

I found out some more information!

Apparently, Woot is not licensed to ship to MA and a few other states.

BDV, however, is licensed to ship to MA, so I would be happy to help place an order for you, if you send me an email at orders@bonnydoonvineyard.com.

Many thanks!
Katie @ BDV

Yet another compliance issue regarding third-party shippers ?

Yep, the feds never make it easy for us!

FIFY.

Excellent work! I knew I liked you.

Good afternoon.

To be clear, Bonny Doon is not the reason MA is not on the list. MA is a fairly recent state addition to the producer direct model. Woot prides itself on being fully compliant (some times annoyingly so for winery participants). So whenever a new state comes up (aka Pennsylvania) woot etc is going to lag behind due to further vetting. “Belt and Suspenders” double assurances kind of thing.

Keep up the good work Bonny Doon.