bonsai sandals

My girlfriend and I have had our bonsai sandals for about a month. I had no trouble with shipping and they sent the right sizes.

Pros:
-They’re really comfy.
-They’re a great conversation piece.
-I dunno if the wool actually helps keep my feet co ol, but they definitely aren’t too hot like I worried they were going to be.

Cons:
-We just noticed yesterday that the bottom layer is already beginning to come apart. (Shoe Goo to the rescue!)
-The wool gets matted down pretty quickly but it’s not so bad that they don’t feel soft anymore. I haven’t tried reviving it with a vacuum cleaner yet.
-It takes a while for the bit of the thong that goes between your toes to break in.

I really like them. The cons really aren’t that big of a deal. When I’m sitting around waiting or something, I like to run my feet across the fur. I can’t wait for winter again so I can try them out during cold weather.

I know I’m late saying this, but maybe it’ll be useful to anyone else who has problems with the vendor… if you have a problem with the item and they don’t do anything about it then do a chargeback on your credit card and e-mail your tale of woe to consumerist.com. :smiley:

I wish I would have seen this site prior to my order. I agree they are not worth the hefty price and the company is non-cooperative

Did this thread ever have a real subject???

I would advise people not to order shoes from this site. My experience has been frustrating and poorly handled by the company. Here’s my story: I ordered a pair of men’s size 10 bonsai sandals in black on October 8 to be delivered on October 18 as a birthday gift to my brother. My card was charged immediately for this purchase. Then on October 15 I received an email saying the size 12 sandals I ordered were out of stock and could they send them in brown. I NEVER ordered size 12 and notified them of their mistake via email because they DO NOT have a phone number, so email is the only way to communicate with them. I reminded them that this was a birthday gift and needed to arrive by October 18th. On October 19 the shoes had still not arrived so I sent an email requesting them to cancel the order. I did not receive a response from them. The shoes did finally arrive a few days later, but in my opinion it was not worth the headache and hassle.

So, if you do decide to order from this site you should allow PLENTY of time for mistakes to be made. And if you want to return them for any reason, good luck getting anyone to respond to an email.

I would also not order anything from this company. I ordered a pair of sandals in July and my credit card was charged the same day. The order was never received. I sent an email to the company requesting confirmation of the shipping address the same day as the order and received no response from the company. I sent two emails to support@bonsaisandals.com and sales @bonsaisandals.com in September to let them know we did not receive the order and requested them to confirm the estimated shipping date and a tracking number if they had shipped it and did not receive a response. I also filed a claim with PayPal however they will not help since I waited longer than the 45 days…my fault, but I saw everyone elses comments that said it could take a while to ship so I unfortunately gave them the benefit of the doubt and waited too long. They have no phone number listed so all you can do is send emails to which I have never received a response. DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!!

I ordered my wife a pair of Bonsai sandals over a week ago. as most here have said my account was charged the day I ordered but I still have nothing. I ordered on the 14th which would have had them in time for Christmas. I have called this gentleman (and I use that word loosely) 6 times and emailed twice. NOTHING!!!