Bonsai-Tuscan Miniature Olive Tree

Not Tuscan / not Bonzai either, but There were Olive Tree farms surrounding my Grandparents, I guess you can call it, Vacation home.

Olive Tree Farm

I think this guy is a lyer.

LOL Good one…Seriously though, I’ve made many trips to Italy, Spain and several olive producing middle eastern countries. I LOVE olives. Street vendors in most Italian towns have dozens of varieties in dozens of flavors, making for hundreds of flavor combinations…But don’t ever try to eat one raw…

That’s not entirely true. Olives can be processed without lye. In fact, all of the olives at the Whole Foods olive bar are processed using water in a series of baths. It’s more time consuming but it’s much more natural. Olives can also be processed by salt curing or brine brine curing; neither of which require lye.

Good info, thanks!

Anyone seeing movement in fedex tracking? ‘Shipping information’ was sent on the 1st and it still hasn’t been picked up yet.

Im wondering the same. Its been quite a bit of time…

Wondering the same, 2/14/11. I’m concerned about the health of the plant during shipping. It’s been about 3 weeks.I’m just glad it’s not wine, I’d be dead of thirst.

Agreed, where the heck are these things? I’m fine if they decided to wait to ship due to weather conditions, but an update would be nice.

I haven’t seen any movement on mine either. Looks like they’ve been stuck since the 1st.

We have been watching the weather across the country and are shipping them as the weather permits so that they do not arrive frozen.

I understand, thanks very much for the response and for taking care with the trees. I’m sure bouncing around in the back of a frozen truck (or waiting on my frozen doorstep) is not the best environment for them! Looking forward to receiving it once the weather cooperates.

Thank you for the update!

Checked in with customer service yesterday. They expect these to start shipping this coming week now that we are out of the deep freeze (mostly).

Good Morning! Today we are shipping the bonsai trees to FL, SC, KS, TX, AR, TN, AL, GA and LA. The remaining will be shipped when the weather permits.

Today we are shipping all bonsai destined for IN, PA, MD, VA, IA, OH and IL

Thank you

Can WI please also be included?

Thanks for the update! Waiting patiently for Michigan to thaw out. There’s snow on the ground but a feisty robin in our tree, so we must be getting close.

Any updates for the remaining states (WI) that are now in the 40-50 degree weather as well?