Boon Farms Bourbon Maple Syrup, 2 Pack

Boon Farms Bourbon Maple Syrup, 2 Pack

I don’t want to say you have exactly failed if you pay this much for maple syrup, but you certainly haven’t succeeded.

3 Likes

Hi! Boon Farms Bourbon Barrel aged maple syrup is aged for 9 months in J Henry bourbon barrels. Its only made once per year so supply is limited. We think the price is great for this type of gourmet maple syrup. My favorite food to put it on is ice cream!

3 Likes

I haven’t had this particular brand of BA Maple Syrup, but I can tell you from experience that it’s a much different product than regular maple syrup. It’s a lot more flavorful, and you don’t need to use a ton of it. I still use it on pancakes and waffles, but you aren’t dumping tons of it on stuff so it lasts a while.

1 Like

Agreed. If I want my maple syrup barrel aged or messed with in any way, I can go to Costco and get some adulterated smokey bourbon syrup there for less than $15 for 16 oz. Or $30 for a quart. I like my maple syrup straight out of the distilling vat into a gallon glass jug - light amber fancy grade. I don’t need no oak barrel aging - give it to me fresh like God intended.

my youth has taught me to never trust anything Boons Farms

7 Likes

Bourbon-aged syrup is always more costly due to a much longer production time - usually aging for many months. You can’t add something and charge the same price for it. It’s also not just “maple syrup,” but if just maple syrup is what you want, this isn’t for you. kind of like the difference between moonshine and bourbon.

3 Likes

maine maple syrup is still the best. sorry.

2 Likes

Bourbon Barrel Aged Maple Syrup is amazing…it in no way compares to regular maple syrup (imho its a lot better)…this isn’t the Mrs Butterworths dump it all over your pancakes kind of syrup…this is the delicate touch fill up each square of a waffle type syrup. Price wise I spent $18 for a 750 of Wild 4 Brand Bourbon Barrel Maple Syrup at Costco…so if you don’t have access to a Costco this isn’t a bad deal…and trust me the flavor will make you forget all other Maple Syrups (even those from Maine and Vermont).

1 Like

Now I really want to try Boone’s Farm Maple. :smiley:

1 Like

I find myself wondering if you think paying $27,000 for a used vehicle is success or not, because there are vehicles available for significantly less. Fair market value of an item isn’t based on just one factor. This happens to be maple syrup, but I’m not on Wine.Woot for the cheapest version of stuff around. I’m looking for things I won’t find on my grocery store shelf. It’s okay for gourmet stuff to come with a higher price tag.

2 Likes

I can’t see “Boon Farms” without thinking of “Boone’s Farm”, that wine of my mis-spent youth, … which is about as sweet as maple syrup come to think of it.

I am ordering some!

I bet it’s delicious.

…And it’s a small family business located in Wisconsin.

I’m here drooling; waiting for my bourbon maple syrup to arrive May 1st. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Wow. It’s here early.

Lovingly packed!

Look at those beautiful bottles!

First taste - Liquid Gold - Wow!

1 Like