Boon Farms Grade A Maple Syrup (2)

For years I bought my maple syrup in Wisconsin, direct from the producer in Door County. Excellent product. Who cares where it comes from? Maple trees are the same everywhere.
For the last 10 years I get it at Costco. They have now stopped selling various grades, and sell only Grade A Amber.

Actually read that article, and it DOES NOT rate the 4 new syrups, nor the 3 old “grades” - it simply explains the intents of the descriptions. It lists and describes the syrups in order of lightest color (and taste) to darkest color (and taste). While does does suggest best uses for each flavor level, it in no way indicates one is better than the other. This leaves syrup users the opportunity to become boorish snobs about their favorite syrups, just as “connoisseur” wine aficionados can find distinctions in wine that we normal mortals somehow miss.

Or we could just say that REAL maple syrups are ALL a wonderful gift and we should each enjoy whatever of them we find as our personal best…

Yes this is true, but only after it is opened. A properly hotpacked container should not need any refrigeration and will be stable for at least a year. Once opened then it should be refrigerated, or else mold could start to grow. Any mold that does appear after opening is quite harmless and can be skimmed off the top. The syrup can be restored to its original form by bringing it to a boil, however, i would not recommend it since its easy to burn your pan if you don’t raise the temperature slow enough.

Have to admit I’ve always preferred Grade A: Fancy. Amber will do in a pinch, but I’ve never been a fand of Grade B or C or whatever they’re called now.

Just in case anyone is looking at a status update of the maple syrup shipping, my stuff you bought page says “Estimated delivery date: Tuesday, September 4, 2018” so I’m assuming it said that somewhere on the buy page as well. No big deal for me but I just wanted to point it out so no one things they’re being stiffed on the maple syrup order.