Boon Farms Maple Syrup 16oz Bottle (3)

Boon Farms Maple Syrup 16oz Bottle (3)

Boone’s farm syrup should go well with my old english 800 waffles.

4 Likes

funny name. this stuff is nectar. a great gift. arrives in time for Christmas. just sayin’.

1 Like

Very serious question here: This says that the syrup is “Grade A”…most syrup sold to the public is Grade A.

Is this Grade A Golden, Amber, Dark, or Very Dark?

(this matters if you’re wanting to cook with it)

Certainly the Yang to Uncle Jamima’s pure mash liquor.

Slightly cheaper to get it by the quart at their website - but larger bottles, not as good for gifts:

https://www.boonfarms.com/shop

Bigger bottles = better gifts

Looks like someone isn’t following the USDA labeling guidelines for Maple Syrup grading…

Wisconsin is for cheese. Leave the Maple Syrup to the experts in Vermont! just sayin’

2 Likes

The full description should include Grade A Dark Color, Robust Taste. Woot left that part out. If any one has any more questions I would be glad to answer them.

Brad Boon
Boon Farms
Greenwood, WI

1 Like

A vendor that responds! Thanks!

1 Like

I bought this when it was offered about three months ago. Still have enough to keep me from buying this time around, but it’s good stuff. Forget the Aunt Jemima imitation syrup, real maple syrup is the only way to go.

Crazy that I would see this on here as I graduated high school with the guy that runs Boon Farms. Crazy small world and even crazier that I only graduated with 95 people.

30$ for 48 ounces of syrup is extremely expensive. Maybe it’s cause i live in New England but we go to the local fairs in Maine and Mass you can get a gallon for like $50 and it’s same grade quality and small batches. I even made a half gallon out of my own trees one year which ended up tasting like honey instead lol.

Don’t buy real maple syrup.
Stick with good 'ol Log Cabin or Butterworths.
It’s too late for me.
I can’t use anything but real maple syrup anymore.

1 Like

Thank you for that!

Personally, I’m not a fan of the new labeling system, The 3 As and B were plenty good enough.

Last time it was 2 quarts for this price, now this offer = 33% higher price. Sorry guys, but there are ALOT of small batch producers that are just as good and sell significantly cheaper. And unfortunately unless you are a real syrup connoisseur you will probably not notice any difference between this and another large quantity brand of the same grade/color designation. At a recent “breakfast party” / taste test, I made both this and another (way less costly) syrup available. When questioned, 19 of the 20 guests stated they thought both were the same syrup. The 1 who detected a difference made me laugh because his exact comment was “I get my syrup from Boon Farms and both of these are very similar.” The syrup he preferred of my 2 was indeed the Boon Farms, but he was incredulous when I showed him the bottle.

I am stoked that you have maple syrup taste testing party! Let me say that each batch of syrup will taste different and each year will taste different then the last. We try to keep the syrup as consistent as possible but its very noticeable , even if you bought syrup from Boon Farms a few months ago, its likely to taste a little different each time. Large maple producers are able to get more consistent tastes because of the large volume of syrup they can blend, while smaller produces are limited. My favorite syrup personally is actually Grade A, Golden Color and Delicate Taste, and its also the most rare to produce.

Hey now, Maine has pretty good syrup too. It’s all about having the right weather patterns to get the best syrup. Mass. not so much. Weather is too inconsistent in late winter/early spring here to get good sap.

I always thought Maine had the best syrup, personally.