Bordeaux Reds from California

Bordeaux Reds from California

Coordinates Dry Creek Cabernet Franc 4-Pack
$59.99 $137.00 56% off List Price
2009 Cabernet Franc, Dry Creek Valley

Woot Cellars Tøøthstejnn The Red 4-Pack
$49.99 $115.00 57% off List Price
2009 Woot Cellars Tøøthstejnn The Red, The Grimy Wyvern Wine-Hall Cabernet Franc

Barking Dog Vineyards Napa Valley Merlot 5-Pack
$69.99 $160.00 56% off List Price
2009 Barking Dog Vineyard Merlot, Napa Valley

Emblem Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon 4-Pack
$59.99 $111.00 46% off List Price
2008 Emblem Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley

Anybody getting more Toothstejn? I could use more and splitting shipping would be good.

It was good, and I want more, but I am out of room. The only thing that could push me over the edge would a flashing yellow button for fear that it never gets offered again.

FWIW, there’s less of it this time than there has been previously. I’m not sure if that means that’s the end of it, but I wouldn’t count on seeing it too many more times in the future.

I was just rearranging my wine shelves this morning (recently arrived shipments may have been in the middle of the living room due to lack of space, but I digress) and took note of my two bottles of Toothy left.

Out of curiosity, what are your aging thoughts on the two cab francs (coordinates and toothy)?

By the way, that’s a price drop for the coordinates…I’m pretty positive it was a 3-pack for $60, last time.

EDITED: It was a 3-pack for $53 last time, so still a drop, just not as big.

The Toothy: I’d guess 3-4 years and it will hold just fine. The Coordinates is more new world, more fruit, less structure. I think it could last, but I think Toothy is longer-lived.

Curious what klez thinks. He drinks WAY more CF than I do.

I think I posted (elsewhere?) a split would be good.
Really enjoyed this and think it will live a good life for years, but like Kyle sayz, you drink way more CF…

I definitely wouldn’t count on it…

I don’t remember which Coordinates I tried, but it screamed “party-wine” to me, which also tends to mean it’s not one for the ages.

Toothy was not a cool climate CF, but but was nicely balanced and had something that kept me coming back for more. I’m stocking up, but not sure on how many just yet. Looks like I’ve got coworkers in for a few bottles so I may just get 2 sets.

Anything in the next couple days I should hold out on to combine shipping?

Great question though not sure you will get a reply… :slight_smile:

We’ll have part of our answer at midnight CST. As long as there’s no danger of a sellout, I can wait that long.

my non scientific opinion on the age worthiness of a wine is how it tastes if left open on the counter for a day or three. Toothy seems to taste just fine, if not better, after being left on the counter for 24 hours with no special treatment like vacuum or inert gas. So I’d say it would easily hold if not improve over the next 5 years. I’m no expert, though, and I have to admit it is a rare occurrence that I leave a bottle for the next day!

I snoozed, I lost. :frowning:

Me too :frowning:
Dammit!!!

The Emblem is actually quite amazing! It’s watery and a little tanniny on popping the cork, but through an aerator and sitting in a glass for 30-45 minutes? Extremely great QPR. Decant for an hour and you’ll have a top notch wine…

Edit: Jammy with plum and cherry notes. It IS a sweet cab, but it is also peppery, which along with the alcohol balances it oddly well. Nice long finish that even overpowers the garlic on my tongue from dinner. This can probably cellar for a few more years, but again, decant for an hour or so and you have a top notch heavy cab.

I found a bottle from a couple weeks ago in my recycle pile that I wrote “autobuy” on drunkenly one night, and the bottle I’m drinking tonight backs that up. Just deciding how many to pick up.

I knew I should have just split it with you klez. I picked up the Washington mix reds from Friday and should have just combo’d up shipping. Oh well…