Borscht over Corn

Well, that’s exactly my point! Lets be real. The BoCs are a tool to keep people here during the woot-off. If people are leaving the site in frustration, wouldn’t it make sense to add some to the pot? Seems like a cheap retention tool considering the contents of the last few I actually did get. I’m sure woot profited more on the additional things I bought through the day than it spent on the disappointment it sent me. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

What would you like us to do? We’ll never have enough for everyone that wants one.

We’ve done tons to reduce/eliminate bots. Nothing will ever be full proof but I think we’ve done a good job.

3 Likes

I agree with you though I doubt Wootazon is suffering for sales. For every one of us who bails there are (obviously) hundreds more ready to break their F5 keys. They won’t miss the folks who nope out of a Wootoff.

Bought my first B0C in (holy crap) 2008. I’ve seen all the many changes Woot has implemented to make Wootoffs and B0Cs more accessible. I look forward to the next round of hurdles; just hope they’re a little more fun.

TT, you know better than anyone so I wouldn’t even began to argue with you, but you’re only show stats from today, where are your stats from before? I think you would be hard pressed to compare now and then, when Woot and boc’s were at it’s height, I mean those things that shall not be mentioned, and the Christmas gift exchange that we all did as a boc community. And no way you could ever convince me that boc’s were not harder to get in them olden days (could you hear my old mans voice there?)

Personally, I’d take the same amount that you normally do throughout the course of a woot-off and consolidate them into fewer BoC ‘events’. If you had say only 2 throughout an entire woot-off, it would give the dedicated F5 brigade a longer chance to snag one, and make bots less effective (they might snag some, but there will be enough to go around that humans can too), without actually increasing the number of them you have to ship out. :man_shrugging:

we’ve had the same complaints for as long as I can remember. Granted, we have way more customers now but the complaints haven’t changed. LOL

We’ve done that before and everyone freaks out about why there are no BOCs in the woot-off and then they leave.

Let’s face it, we can’t win. :w_tongue:

1 Like

Woot gave them to me. Pretty neat huh?

3 Likes

YOU GOT A CAT IN YOUR B0C?!

2 Likes

I know you guys work hard to keep everyone happy. :slightly_smiling_face: And you face an uphill battle every time. This is just .02 from someone who has watched the site change since '07.

So… “bah, change is bad”, “give me the good 'ol days”, and “get off my lawn!” :smiley:

In other words excuse my old man grumpiness.

1 Like

Have some bathroom reading from 2005:

2 Likes

" i finally found a good use for my highspeed 3mb connection."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing, TT. I only got through 350 posts out of 4659 before I could take no more. There was way too much Ballyhoo Over Crap!

Here’s to keeping it fun! :tropical_drink:

2 Likes

Yeah, they’re hard to get but it’s a box of random crap anyway. And it’s always been hard to get one. For me, it’s more about the hunt and eventually snagging one that makes it fun.

The only thing I miss from ye olde days is letters. Not that I ever got one, but there was always a chance that one day I would. And it was fun to see how people reacted when a pallet of rubber ducks was dropped off at their house.

Blame people not responding to the letters, or not sharing their second haul.

:frowning:

Yes. Very yes. SHAME!

Is that why letters went away?

Yes.

:frowning:

Be careful that you do not get “buttafuoco”.

Assuming that is still a thing. Back “in the day” if one refreshed too often the site would lock out your IP and show a “buttafuoco” error message. I got it once while using a home made refresher. It refreshed once per second, but I had multiple PCs running it so the site saw multiple requests per second from my IP.

refresh

1 Like

Just curious if anyone else is having to log in every time they click Buy on a BOC? I have managed several times to re-login just moments before a BOC has appeared (during this Woot Off and the previous one)
and I am still prompted to login again to buy the BOC. Using a Galaxy Note 20 Ultra if that matters.

If through the app, then yes. Amazon controls the authentication widget (login doohickey) and they have a short retention on the login info. It’s something we want to work on but they’re not easy to work with. LOL.