Bosch 4-1/2" Ergonomic Angle Grinder

Bosch 4-1/2" Ergonomic Angle Grinder

$50. Wow, inflation hasn’t hit these too hard. I recall paying about $80 for a two pack of very similar grade Makita 4-1/2 inch grinders at least 10-15 years ago.

Handy tool to have around. Don’t use it all the time, but like a Sawzall, the perfect tool when you need it.

With a cutoff wheel, makes the hardest lock look like balsa wood. (You didn’t think locking your bike up was anything but a defense against mostly honest thieves did you? And now with cord-free 18 volt grinders…)

1 Like

I bought this the last time it was offered - my first foray into power grinding/cutting tools and it patiently waited for the right project. I “had to” cut through some metal to break it down for the trash. I ordered the cutting wheels ($2) and safety goggles off Amazon ($6) and had fun sawing through.

Tbh, when I ordered it, I was a little concerned by the fact that you have to buy proprietary wheels, but upon use - I was very happy with them - they were easy to put on and more importantly I knew they were on and weren’t going to fly off.

1 Like

Ugh. Didn’t notice that. I’d trade speed of change for commodity pricing of standard wheels in a heartbeat. Standard wheels can be really inexpensive… and are readily available. I believe Makita and DeWalt both use standard wheels.

Forgive me if I misunderstood what you posted - they were super easy to put on and take off and I knew they were on

For me that is really important as I am new to doing these things and I like most of my body parts. Also, for the # of Xs I will use it, spending more for wheels is not a big deal - I would rather know I am getting the right wheels vs junk that breaks apart. I just don’t have the knowledge or background (yet) to know Y good Z bad.

Besides, as I find my footing with power tools and new fangled appliances grows and stabalizes, I upgrade and then gift my older ones to new users, so I rarely feel like I wasted $.

I think you might have misunderstood. My comment had nothing whatsoever to do with safety. It was about ready wheel availability, selection, and price. Not seller will carry a stand-alone proprietary wheel.

In fact, it might be argued a proprietary quick-change mechanism could be less safe vs the industry standard if it is long term unproven.

(I have a 20 year old still otherwise bullet proof Bosch jig saw with a proprietary click-spin quick blade change that failed after 5 years. Bosch soon dropped that technology. I used to work for a German automotive company. Germans have a propensity to over-engineer and believe they know better. As a result, that same mentality absolutely murdered our warranty costs.)

There’s nothing inherently unsafe about the traditional (slow?) spin the wheel lock plate on method. It’s simply less expensive to keep a wide range of various purpose blades on hand. And actually arguably more reliable.

Never mind …

When I order a model GWX10-45PE I certainly do NOT expect to receive a model 1375A!!

Maddening!!!

Well crap. Sorry. We pulled these from Amazon inventory and everything says it should have been the GWX10.

Please reach out to Woot! Customer Service.

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.

1 Like