Boston Acoustics CR65 Bookshelf Speakers

Damn, I would pick these up in a heartbeat but i just can’t bring myself to spend that much.

CR67’s are $144 + $15 shipping…

CR65s are good little speakers for the average person. But $150 is not a deal. $100 would get me to jump.

Can’t find a Froogle, but here’s the homepage with official specs and stuffs…
http://www.bostonacoustics.com/home_product.aspx?product_id=185

…and delete the ■■■■■■■’s post…

Gatsby: Please remove those images.

Does any woot-er own and have personal review for these speakers?

Dear god… that is effing awful. Take them down immediately and ban his sorry posterior back to the stone age.

As for the speakers… I’ve got an amazing set of JBL’s already for the home theatre system. Would get these for the bedroom, but can’t quite justify the cost.

They cut off the frequency response so you can add a subwoofer to the system. Separate drivers for separate zones of the sound spectrum. Not even anything decent in lo-fi has a frequency response that bad without a purpose.

there is no need to put speakers this strong as these the rear channels in a surround setup

My posts are being deleted?

The BA speakers - I have an older pair - are quite nice. Good rich sound, particularly for their size. Don’t know about these specific ones, but I almost jumped on the BUY button. Except that my posts are deleted and that other guy is still here…

well… the speakers are good, but I’ve got about a dozen or so scattered about… that picture for the rear surround seemed a bit odd - maybe that was a pic of a blown woofer? I thought Cerwin Vega had the trademarked red speaker though… hmmm.

gg’s & gnite kiddies

our sys is almost all ba. love the sound quality.

Wrong… these would be about right for a budget home theater.

$150 isn’t much of a deal though.

if i had the money to spend, i would buy these… boston acoustics make great speakers

BA is supposed to make some really top notch stuff. I’d definitely jump on these if I weren’t poor and if I didn’t already have a 5.1 set of top of the line Polk.

I’d get these for my PC, but I don’t have any way to convert this to a 3.5mm plug for the sound card, heh.

Meh, leave them alone. Woot will take care of it.

Anyway, anybody notice that the guys name is has A and R at the beginning and end respectively.

AR is Acoustic Research, a rival manufacturer… Hmmm, I smell a conspiracy.

yea and opera too i just click dont show pictures and poof no more sicko

Reminds me of Tom Hanks’ AWFUL fake accent in “Catch Me if you can”.

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Anyways, Jessiebyrd is a spammer, and does anyone know how these would do for a mid-range Home Theater system in an apartment? 61" InFocus/SONY Upconverting DVD, tc. Using the octo-whatever MB QUART Woot speakers now, 4 for the corners and two for the center channel

Most recently Polaroid… Good company, Sold the name, …now not so great…

Ahhh, just in time. Puttin’ the plasma up in the game room and now I got the surrounds to go with my dual CRC’s from a couple weeks ago. Just waiting for that BA sub to come on so my secondary system can slam hahda. w00t w00t

So are these the missing speakers that go with the center BA speaker from several weeks back… Hmmmmm?

Boston Acoustics is still a solid company. These speakers are better than 90% of what you will find in Best Buy. $150 isn’t much of a deal though.