Boston Acoustics TVee 10 Soundbar

Let’s check out the product page

**Item: **Boston Acoustics TVee 10 Soundbar
Price: $59.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $12 Two-Day OR $16 One-Day
Condition: Refurbished

[Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Boston Acoustics TVee 10 Soundbar)

[Search Google](https://www.google.com/search?hl=en+%26tbm=shop+%26q=Boston Acoustics TVee 10 Soundbar)

Anyone have any idea if I could use this with my 5.1 receiver as my L C R channels? I want a cleaner look. Not an AV guy here :frowning:

OK reviews (3.3 out of 5.0) over at bestbuy.com

My best guess would be no. If you put 3 channels into a single speaker I thing it would sound like crap. Plus this has it’s own amp, it’s not just a speaker.

Not without bypassing its amp, and it only has two drivers. And you would probably pop those if you fed them any real power.

This speaker bar shows up on Woot fairly often, and it looks like what you want.

Bought the TVee25 model from Woot two weeks ago and already had to send it back. Sound goes in and out constantly. Bought a Vizio soundboard for less at WalMart and it works great, same price and it is new, not a refurb.

I tried warning you and everyone else that bit on that one! I’m still stuck with mine from over a year ago, haven’t turned it on in a year. You’re lucky you got a refund because I had ZERO luck from woot or Boston Acoustics with mine.

Reviews on Amazon are terrible–almost all report the unit being returned. Does anyone know if “refurbished” means these have been FIXED, or are these just returned units looking for another sucker?

I bought this from woot a while back. The sound is actually quite good (much better than I expected) but the unit is not without issues.

The first one I had to return because the left speaker would rattle any time there was even the slightest bit of bass. Woot was awesome about sending a replacement and the new one doesn’t have this problem.

There are still two “minor” issues though:

1> The front touch buttons work when they want to. I have my satellite remote programmed to it and I use this 99.9% of the time so it’s not really an issue for me.

2> When using the Optical in port the sound quality is slightly better however when changing channels or even sometimes when commercials switch there is an annoying “digital pop” kind of noise. I don’t know if this is necessarily a problem with the speakers or with my DISH satellite equipment but I wish there were some way to eliminate this.

Instead I just use the analog inputs which still produce a very good sound with no annoying pop.

Regardless I still believe the price vs. sound quality is a pretty decent deal on this unit but they definitely have some QC issues on these so I have to claim “Caveat Emptor” on this one.