Condition: Red
Product: 3 Bouchaine 2006 Estate Pinot Noir
CT link above

Winery website

Bouchaine on Twitter
Bouchaine on Facebook
Bouchaine on Yelp

nappa?

Got the rare double. Sold out the Andrew Murray and now first sucker.

What is the drinking window for these wines?

Z

This one is tempting, and it looks like the winemaker is a fellow Texan according to this article:

[link]http://www.examiner.com/x-5111-Detroit-Wine-Examiner~y2010m4d16-Bouchaines-Mike-Richmond-Fortunately-Texas-couldnt-hold-em[/link]

How is this wine for entertaining?

It’s terrible at telling jokes and don’t even get me started on Charades.

Indeed !

How many cases of these are produced? For some reason, I tend think that there is a negative correlation between the number of cases produced and the quality of the wine.

Sucker for Pinot…just hope shipping doesn’t cook it. It was over 100 today.

Was so hot, I felt like I need to quench my thirst with wine.

Where exactly is Nappa in relation to Carnerors?

They are both in Callifornia and part of the broader Norrth Coasst appellation . . . .

Looks like these are the Estate Pinot, not the Carneros appellation Pinot. Estate Pinot are set to retail at $45, while CT has $33 as the average price.

The Carneros Pinot (non-estate) retails for $30, in theory, though can be found for less. You can bet someone will pop in here and make the (incorrect) price comparison using this cheaper wine.

Found their tech sheet, here’s the info:

Winemaker: Michael Richmond
Alcohol: 14.5%
CA SRP: $45
pH: 3.72
Release Date: July-August 2008
TA: 5.5 g/L
Cases Made: 2,100
RS: 0.4 g/L
Appellation: Napa Valley-Carneros

Vineyard Statistics:
This wine is a blend of our most complex and multi-faceted lots from our estate-grown vineyards on the Napa Valley side of Carneros. Our vineyard is geographically composed of both shallow clay loam and well-drained cobbly soils, both of which are ideal for growing Pinot Noir. Clones include Dijon (115, 667, and 777), Pommard, and Swan. Also included are grapes from atop our twin hillside vineyards (known as the Garetto Hills) that were replanted in 2004. It represents what we find most intriguing in Pinot Noirs: power balanced with perfume, elegance balanced with exuberance.

Maturation:
Barrel aged 11 to 12 months in 40% new oak barrels from Trust Cooperage, mostly French. Completed malolactic fermentation.

Mighty close to Sonomma I bet…

napping…

Courtesy of CJ …

So join or create a gathering!!

http://bestsmileys.com/drinking/10.gif

How else are you going to get a taste of those $80+ bottles WD is starting to sell us?

available to rat! long time wooter. have some wine knowledge I can share with the community.

THREAD HIJACK

There are still spots left for the 2nd ANNUAL Sip and Sail/New York City Wine Wooters Weekend coming up in August.

It’s a really fun time and a great way to meet variety of wooters. Check out the thread today and be part of the fun!

END HIJACK

I think bullet point 5 should not exist. It’s a continuation of point 4.

It’s nice to know the clones. 777 is one of my favorites.