2012 WHITE ELEPHANT Rhone Style White Blend

Uvada Napa Valley Merlot 3-Pack
$49.99 $93.00 46% off List Price
2003 Uvada Merlot, Napa Valley

Scott Harvey Re-Mixed Red 5-Pack
$74.99 $174.00 57% off List Price
2006 Early Burgundy, Napa Valley
2006 Cabernet Sauvignon, Red Hills, Lake County

I know this Scott Harvey deal has been all over this site lately, but if you’ve missed it you should pick it up. I ordered 3 the last time and I’m considering more even though it just shipped because its that good.

The E.B. is a unique wine experience. It is a very mild and easy drinker. If you know someone who is just entering the red wine world, this is a great introduction. It won’t over power them bad has something to offer. Usually mild wines are boring, but not this one.

The Cab is a very sophisticated wine for this price point. Well integrated flavors with just the right amount of bold cab essence. Plus it is very food friendly.

It won’t last forever…probably.

if they had a 3 pack Cab, I’d jump, Merlot eh?

We bought the “Vinum Cellars White Elephant Rhone Blend” awile back. I loved it! Great QPR.

Color: pale straw
Nose: fruity citrus, fresh almond, a touch of vanilla
Palate: full mouth feel, buttery, fairly high acidity, but still strangely smooth.
Same flavors as suggested by the nose: citrus, almond, vanilla. Perhaps a touch of lychee too.
Balance: on the acidic side, but still nice.

Conclusion: Almond really come thru on the long flavorful finish.

A lush easy drinker that seems like it would stand up to food pairings.

I would see this AFTER I opened a bottle of something else. sigh

Will try one of the cabs tomorrow night; if there’s still any left I may very well be in, as it (the burgundy/cab offer) is a great deal…

White Elephant. Buy it.

Cosign.