Braven 600 Aluminum Bluetooth Speaker

damn! too late! I would have been in for one :frowning:

This is a valid point. I read rave reviews about the Breville Compact Oven on this site, so I bought one. When I got it it failed after one use. So I did some more research and the issue I had was a known problem. I was lucky because it failed immediately, not after the warranty expired. But Woot refunded my money, and I only had to wait 35 days.
Caveat Emptor!

How does this compare to the Oontz Bluetooth Speaker and the Oontz Angle? Those Cambridge SOundworks models are on sale on for $49.95 and $39.95, respectively, on Amazon. The Angle has 4.5/5 stars, while the other has 4 stars, comparable to this. I don’t mind the Brazen being refurbed but it is one of the least sexy speakers I have ever seen! So blocky and industrial!

Check out the Oontz angle I linked in the above post. Seems comparable and it has 4.5 stars from Amazon users.

That’s what I’m into. Excited to receive mine!

Indeed it can have the USB cable plugged while listening.

Factory reconditioned my ass.
Go mine today an it just looks straight up used.

Coulda been one of those switch problems an all they did was replace that.

Anyways, other than being dirty scuffed and stuffed in a bag, it works and sounds ok.

I received mine today, and thankfully, my power switch turned it on and stopped there, so it’s usable, but doesn’t turn off. I really don’t want to return it, but contacted Braven, hoping that they will fix it.

That is a bummer. Mine looks brand new, even has that new smell. I’m quite pleased with it.

Just received mine today.DOA would not turn on/off seems to be the switch.Bummer…contacted braven.See what happens.

I bought 2 that arrived today. Charged both up, neither would turn on. Power switch definitely feels broken. What a waste, good looking speaker.

Sorry to hear that you experienced issues with your purchase.
You should still have a 1 Year Warranty with Braven.
I recommend that you contact Braven Customer Support and see if they can’t help remedy the issue.

Same problem here. Thanks for the CS link, will be giving them a call.

I believe this is going to be a logistical nightmare for BRAVEN.How can a company send out recertified products by not making sure they are 100% working is beyond me.They really dropped the ball on this matter.Does this make me cautious on buying there other products? absolutley…Now I have to deal with the lengthy return process…ugh

Add another one to the pile!

Have the same issue with the “OFF” switch position not properly working. It does turn off if the charger is plugged back in (with the switch off), so this may be more than just a simple broken mechanical switch. If the switch or some component was defective when it left Braven, seems the battery should have been dead when I got it, but mine wasn’t.

After many tries to reach Braven support by phone, I reverted to the email method and got this reponse: “I would like to take a look at your BRAVEN and then if I am unable to fix it I would be happy to send you a replacement.” Of course, like some politician, Braven wants me to believe I’m the only one with problem. However, I also don’t enjoy being insulted. I’d be willing to bet the tech support person who sent that email isn’t personally going to examine my unit and I have serious doubts about his or her ability to even replace a broken light switch in their own home. Very difficult to believe this is a reputable company.

By now Braven has know the problem exists and is probably widespread. My time and the expense to return the item will end up costing more than I paid Woot and I fear the replacement may also fail in the same manner in the near future. This was my first Braven product and the experience makes it my last.

Alas, same here. Unit was dirty and dented. Works fine when direct connected but using Bluetooth every couple seconds the sound would drop out and I was only 5 feet away. At least woot will take it back.

Having worked through Braven support I did receive an RMA for this, but it is at my own expense and offers no real promises. Honestly I’m undecided on paying to mail it back or not. Most companies I do that I never get a working copy back ever and the time and repeated shipping just add to the mistake.

I have 25 days more to decide, hopefully in that space we’ll hear about everyone else’s resolution.

Pretty much the end of random refurb purchases for me however.

Kaatew,
Cost me $6.10 via priority mail thru USPS online with free tracking and insurance.I know that it’s total BS that I received a broken product right out of the box.I(we)should be compensated for it.Will update as soon as I receive my “replacement”.

Mine also was broken when I received it, condition looked fine but trying to play anything through it and there was a constant sound like a capacitor was charging and discharging. I contacted their support line to get an RMA and I will give them props on their phone support. First a real person answered the phone on the second ring and they were apologetic said to email my proof of purchase and they would give me an RMA. It does seem like their “refurbishment” process was pretty lame and lacked any sort of a QA step given the number of reports of DOA units…