Bravo Farms Cheddar Two - Pack

Costco recently had the chipotle for $4/lb. I got about a pound and a half. Wasn’t impressed. The chipotle completely overpowered and you couldn’t tast anything of the cheese. Wish I had my $6 back.

Unopened, they’ll last as long as you need them to, essentially.

Once you open them, you’ve probably got 3-4 weeks.

I just ate 2 and a half pounds of California Cheddar!

To the same effect: While I’m sure this stuff is tasty, I’m certain I can find better for $12/lb here in Wisconsin.

Side note: we had a local cheese maker release a batch of 15 year old cheddar recently. It was awesome. And expensive. But so totally worth it.

According to the Bravo Farms site:

I got a shipping quote to Maine and it comes to 11.31 for Ground(!), 25.52 for 3 day, 36.01 for 2 day, and 71,96 for 1 day.

Yeah that’s why I didn’t include the shipping figures, for California I’m sure you pay a lot less (although even shipping it to Beverly Hills via ground is $8.77) but the shipping cost varies quite widely.

That was from the Mineral Point area right?

Can someone from the Woot staff please specify how fast these will be shipped? Thanks.

Before serving, it is advisable to trim the rind on the clothbound cheddar, so as to not impart a nasty flavor…

Yeah. Hook’s Cheese Company.

Supposedly they have another batch (this would be their third, I think) they’re planning on releasing close to December.

I would love that. Woot needs to score us a deal on some of Hook’s 12 or 15 year cheddar. The stuff is to die for.

Maybe some of Widmer’s cheeses too. They’re also really good, and make the only surface ripened Limburger in the whole of USA.

We’ve got some good wines here too in Wisconsin.

I doubt they have that kind of inventory for the 10+ year old stuff.

Plus, I don’t think they need any help selling the aged cheddars they do have. The 15 year was retailing for $50-60/lb and it still flew off the shelves.

I doubt that your Big Box Brand cheez is made from raw milk and actually utilizes naturally smoked jalapeno (chipotle) chile peppers…

chipotle is more sweet than hot (or spicy) and would not compromise the white cheddar flavor…

Am I weird for loving jalapenos but hating the smokey taste of chipotles?

I completely disagree that chipotles can’t overpower something… as the smokey taste encompasses everything it’s made with.

I think he’s actually saying he bought this same brand at Costco. I googled it and there are reviews on Yelp saying that they’ve seen Bravo Farms at Costco.

I visited a local store selling Bravo Farms cheeses last time I was around the Fresno, CA area. The clothbound cheddar is great. Its a nice aged white cheese, with grainy but not too dry texture. tangy, and a little salty, with the occasional crispiness that comes with age in a cheddar. altogether, a nice and mild for an aged cheese. good but nothing fancy.
the chipotle, on the other hand, totally crass. tasted like gouda with a mullet and a bad tatoo. couldn’t really even tell it was a real cheese anymore.

For the chipotle: does it pack a substantial heat? I know the description downplays the bite - but say in comparison to an average pepperjack…?

Also, are the peppers, or pepper flavor mixed in, or primarily in the rind?

Thanks!

Cheese.woot.com is long overdue!

Thanks for vegetarian approved!