Breville BOV845BSS Smart Oven Pro 1800

Breville BOV845BSS Smart Oven Pro 1800

• Non-stick cavity coating: the walls on the inside of the oven feature a non-stick coating for easy cleaning
    • It is recommended that you see your local Breville Dentist every 6 - 9 months
1 Like

I love these Breville ovens. I have two similar, older models that I use regularly, one at the house and one at my cabin. For cooking things that fit in it, it heats up much faster than a regular oven (less energy used), and I feel like it maintains the set temperature better than my wall oven.

so, the Breville BOV845BSS on Amazon has only a 2 star review?

https://www.amazon.com/Breville-Smart-1800-Watt-Convection-Toaster/dp/B07N1VRMRY/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=3KGIYQUNV5UAN&keywords=breville+bov845bss&qid=1552911805&s=gateway&sprefix=Breville+BOV845BSS%2Caps%2C303&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

what gives with that?

1 Like

also, is this like new meaning that it’s a referb?

I love mine as well, it has all but replaced my regular oven. I use mine daily and every function works perfectly. The only limitation would be the size of what I’m cooking, but it handles just about anything I can fit into a 13"X9" pan. This is a must-have in my kitchen.

1 Like

regularly brush and floss your Breville BOV845BSS Smart Oven Pro 1800

1 Like

Yea, can’t find the BOV845BSS reviews that are being linked to here. Got to wonder…

1 Like

I purchased the BOV800XL on Woot in 2012. We still have it and use it nearly daily. It was a refurb but has never given us an issue, as well as surviving through our kids high school years. So good that we purchased another for the kids, now that they have moved out and have their own places. I WISH it had been available from Woot because these are expensive, though obviously worth it.

In my opinion this is a no brainer purchase if you are in the market. EDIT Do some research on the list price. Turned out I purchased this exact oven for the kids from the mothership in 2017 for $235, $245 with tax.

1 Like

It says it’s brand new. I have purchased "reconditioned its from Breville in the past and I could sear they were brand new.

1 Like

Also, this Google search result takes me to an Amazon page not found error, but the search results preview suggests it had content previously: “Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Breville BOV845BSS Smart Oven Pro 1800 W Convection Toaster Oven with Element IQ, Brushed Stainless…” Sure hope someone isn’t cleaning up after themselves.

https://www.amazon.com/Breville-BOV845BSS-Convection-Toaster-Stainless/product-reviews/B00XBOXVIA?pageNumber=2

I bought this exact item from the mothership in the Fall of 2016. The dial was a little wonky and would jump around when adjusting the temp but I liked it well enough. The best feature is one that I-- surprisingly-- could not find on many toaster ovens: a light.

I kept this thing in pristine condition and had a silicon pad that was advertised for this product on the bottom so the crumb tray would not get dripped on directly. i also bought the wood Breville board to put on top of oven. So I was invested in it.

A few months ago, i started to notice when I would cook something and hit the light to see what was going on, I would see what looked like smoke coming off the back bottom heating element. I checked it with bright lights to see if anything was making that happen and could not find anything. Then I noticed the cord got VERY hot when using it at 400 degrees. Finally, I put it down to 350 and went to cook something and it popped my circuit. This is a 20 amp circuit that had this oven, the microwave and stove plugged into it, neither of the other two appliances were on.

Edited to add: I also noticed that the fan became extremely noisy and sounded like a helicopter when it was on its way out.

I cut the plug off and put it out with the trash. Not taking a chance and didn’t want anyone to take it home and have a fire or other issues. I know most people are happy with their oven. I was too for a good while but just sharing what happened with mine.

1 Like

The regular full-size Smart Oven that I got here (way back on Oct. 18, 2012) also has a wonky control pad in general, to the point where hitting Start is more likely to toggle the convection button on and off repeatedly. The convection button often toggles the F/C button instead. It still works well once I’ve compensated for the lousy controls, though now I am going to keep an eye on the cord and the elements (thanks for that heads up). I love Breville, but it didn’t feel like they put a lot of effort into refurbing mine. Hopefully newer models are better handled.

One thing struck me as odd is the Woot description has the wattage at “2400 watts” which would certainly pop most (it not all) 120 VAC electrical circuits. According to the Breville website it’s 1800 watts (I assume the “1800” in the model name is a clue.

1 Like