Breville Cafe Roma Espresso Maker

I know the saying “ya snooze, ya lose…” but I didn’t snooze; I BLINKED! Gads.

NOT the same one being sold here:
http://www.amazon.com/Factory-Reconditioned-Breville-XXESP8XL-Espresso-Maker/dp/B0011FYBSU

Knowing model numbers helps.

perfect for that “2:30” feeling

Won’t work for more than 6 mos… This breville brand really doesn’t work very well…IMO

I have the “premium” model from woot. It looks nice, works poorly - they gave me a knock out box, but the machine does not make a puck. It’s a wet coffee slurry in the basket…

i have had one of these for YEARS from a previous woot.

its a FANTASTIC expresso machine that has gone the distance of (almost) daily use.

probably have run a thousand or so expresso’s thru it without a hitch.

and the steamer works great to clean my wifes diamond rings :smiley:

Perfect! My g/f and I got a chance to use one of these at a local coffee festival, and were shocked by how easy it was to use it. This is going to make a PERFECT christmas present.

wow. thats actually a good deal. I hate coffee and would never use one and won’t buy one but wow its $100 cheaper than even the used/refurbs on amazon.

Ours came in the manufacturer’s box. Works very well with the proper grind of coffee, we use Lavazza.

I’ve been using this one since I bought it last time on woot, probably close to 2 years ago now. It gets daily use, anywhere from 2 - 6 cups per day, usually long draws. So we definitely use this a lot. Makes very good, but not great, espresso, but it has been well worth the $60. Looks good, too. So I just bought another.

It started making a clicking noise about a year ago - sort of sounds like the thermostat is turning the heater on and off, but much to rapidly for that, plus it sometimes continues for a few minutes after I turn off the machine. However, it does not seem to have affected performance.

hahahahaha, there was only one pair of headphones apparently. you can either admit that these sorts of hijinks are why you come to woot…or you can lie. :stuck_out_tongue:

$30 less than when WOOT was selling it back in Oct 2008!! (Must have A LOT, two years and still selling refurbs !)

I’ve got one of these. Bought it from woot, too. Steamer is pretty decent but its often just too much trouble. espresso is nice though :slight_smile:

Only ONE headphone available.

Nice. I think this was $40 more when I bought it a year or two ago.

$180 / 2 = $90
$59.99 + $5 = $64.99

If what your saying is true it’s much less than half of that, it’s almost 1/3rd of the price.

really great price…i paid $110

I see what you did there…

I admit it. :wink:

I think woots server power consumption was set to 60% max around 2 am est. cuz it loaded slower than dialup.

You can relax now, the steam sell is almost over