Breville Ikon Diecast Blender

When it chops frozen fruit up, it leaks out of the bottom seal where the blades go through the bottom of the pitcher. This causes the plating to start pealing off over time if any citric juices are left on the top of the base / motor.

What blending iphone will do

Snow? You want snow? This blender will give you a blizzard!

I bought this blender a couple years ago off woot- the base of the blender has seized. I’ve read that liquid gets in the bearings and ruins it?

Regardless this was a great item while it lasted.

On Sale via Amazon Refurbished (same as current woot) for less than woot at $77 and $95

Not a great price for a refurbished (aka recertified) product. Breville is HAWT! and high quality. If you are already in the market and really want one get it, but shop around first. Seems you can find a better deal.

In for none till it goes down more. I’ll wait til it becomes a real deal.

I bought mine from Woot last year. It came without the rubber gasket. I didn’t realize it was missing and made a huge mess initially. Called woot and Breville both ended up sending me the gasket at no charge. I have been thrilled with it ever since. It actually has a “Snow” button that does exactly what it says. Even with the special bowl design, it isn’t impervious to the dreaded air bubble that can form with thick blended stuff above the blade. It still requires a bit of shaking and cajoling. Nevertheless, it is better that any other blender I have ever used. It is fantastic for making peanut butter as well. (pour in peanuts, turn on, done…)

Yugster has the non-lcd model for $10 cheaper.

Citric juices?

Got this last time it was on Woot. Cannot recommend it highly enough. It will leak out the bottom if you don’t get the watertight seal just right when putting it back together after cleaning, but once you get the hang of it it is no longer an issue.

We wooted one of these last year and, although it has not seen super-heavy duty, are mostly happy with it.

Pros:

• super-powerful motor (we had burned out a couple cheapie blenders by not being careful about loading; this thing is not quite a will-it-blend model but is close enough for home use).

• program functions (we use mostly for making smoothies and shaved ice) work as advertised.

• overall very nice look, solid construction. Glass jar is a plus (though it’s heavy) and the top seals well.

Cons:

• cleaning is a bit of an issue. There is a loose gasket between the glass and the base; liquid does tend to seep around the gasket during use. If you are just making ice or something “clean” it’s no problem - I usually just rinse it out then blend water with a drop of dish soap then rinse it out again. But if you are blending something that might turn nasty (ie. milkshakes) you’ll want to remove and clean the glass, remove and clean the gasket, wipe down the base. I’m always worried about losing the gasket.

• the glass jar is huge and takes up a lot of dishwasher space.

Overall, recommended.

I’m not sure where you saw $77 - the cheapest price I see on Amazon for a “remanufactured” item is $94.41. Even with shipping, Woot is still cheaper.

Edit: I couldn’t resist - in for one.

(BTW, does anyone know the difference between “recertified”, “refurbished”, and “remanufactured”?)

Got one of these from Woot a few years ago and I love it. Great quality. From sauces to smoothies to crushing ice, this thing has no trouble at all.

This exact same blender is on sale for $69.99 ($10 Less) on Yugster.com today!

I have had 2. First motor fried, second one (still limping along) the blade mechanism has become very wobbly and leaks. It says it is upper shelf dishwasher safe, but I would hand wash every time. For the price its a nice disposable blender.

I see that other people have had leaking issues around the gasket. I haven’t had any trouble getting a good seal, but since it’s very flexible and floppy, it would be pretty easy to have it not be aligned quite right. I do like that you can take the bottom off to wash the bottom (blades) and gasket separately, since gunk might build up there otherwise.

Just ordered another as a gift!

$10 shipping though, so only $5 cheaper net.

Website

I had that problem when I first got my machine, all you need to do is screw out the blades and flip the seal. Literally turn it upside down. For some reason it only works on one side, so be careful when cleaning the machine to remember what side is correct. I have had this blender for over a year, and have had lots of cheap blenders. This is by far the best blender EVER! I make lots of fruit smoothies and blended frozen coffees and I will never buy one out again! I can make these better at my house for a fraction of the the price! LOVE IT!

Don’t own one of these, but I’ve had the leaky gasket problem in other blenders. Just for reference, you should NEVER put that rubber gasket in the dishwasher, especially if you have heat drying on. It can warp the rubber and then you have a leaky seal.

Given the amazon’s relationship, it should really be an ipad in the blender but i guess it did not fit.