Breville Ikon Hemisphere Blender

I think the 600 series (750 watt) was on sale at sellout for a tad more. I was hoping that would come up as I missed it.

Show me the food processor!

http://www.amazon.com/Breville-BBL550XL-610-Watt-Stainless-Steel-Blender/product-reviews/B000MDHH10/ref=cm_cr_dp_all_helpful?ie=UTF8&coliid=&showViewpoints=1&colid=&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

Reviews. Some complaints about bearings and leakage, as well as customer service.

Haha, thanks for the help fellas.

i made a margaita!

do not want will it blend?

hee hee hee…

I made a margarita!!

I’m going to buy one of these for my girlfriend, Mary Jane Rottenblade.

I totally was just thinking that!

Since this is selling somewhat slowly, I’ve had a chance to read through a lot of Amazon reviews of it. There are an awful lot of people saying it leaks; even the (inexplicably 4-star) positive reviews talk about having to exchange the blender 1 or 2 times for leakage around BOTH of the seals. Sorry, but that’s too much for me; I’ll avoid.

I have another model from Woot. Makes every other blender I’ve ever had look like a kid’s toy. Buy it.

It’s 1.5 liters, which doesn’t “really” answer your question.
A little less than 2 quarts. That’s closer.

I wonder, does this have a metal connection from motor to blade, or plastic?

I’ve wanted one for a while after reading the rave reviews on Woot, but kept missing the Woots. I finally snapped one up today. Looking forward to those frozen margaritas.

Hmm, $60 for a blender? Don’t think so.

Information

• 5-speed blender * 1.5-liter glass jar (#1)
  • Measures approximately 6.5 x 8 x 15.5 inches (#1)
  • Happy users (#2)

References:

1. Amazon’s Page
  2. Google Product Review

A word of caution, when my blender came, the gasket didn’t fit at all. Liquid leaked out. I researched it (a little too late) and found that this was a common problem. I ordered a replacement gasket and it still leaked. I finally wedged a smaller gasket and the original gasket in the bottom and it doesn’t leak. It sits a bit crooked on the base but I can use it. Overall, terribly disappointed with it.

Yeah pretty sure I can get one from Best Buy for cheaper, sure it may not be the same quality, but it’ll earn me rewards! (and it’d be new)

Breville makes great products. Every single one I have purchased, even refurbished, is top-notch. If I didn’t have two blenders, I’d go for this!