Breville The Dual Boiler™ Espresso Machine

I missed that when I searched, thanks!

“It’s an espresso thing…you wouldn’t understand.”

Please explain WHY you make this claim. Please be specific.

For example, if water flows through it, why can cannot vinegar run through it, or some liquid descaler?

Restaurant units that are fixed to the pipes can be descaled, so I am curious about your statement.

Get a $700 grinder. The grinder is actually more important than the espresso machine IMO:)

I have had this machine for a year and absolutely love it. I second the comments about getting a high quality burr grinder. I have the Breville Smart Grinder and have been happy with it. I roast my own beans and also buy fresh roasted locally, so know that Central Pennsylvania also has coffee snobs! I used to have Jura Capresso Super-automatics (3 different models over 10+ years) and love this machine way more and it has better build quality and is controllable.

I wasn’t paying terribly close attention during the Seattle Coffee Gear video review, but they (SCG folks) repeatedly stated that it cannot be descaled. If I recall correctly, they attributed that statement to conversations they had directly with representatives from Breville.

“To ensure a long life of optimal brewing and steaming performance, it is important the machine is serviced by an authorized Breville service agent when the SERVICE' prompt scrolls across the LCD screen. The SERVICE’ prompt will appear after 6,000 cycles - approximately 4-5 years of regular use in a domestic environment. The frequency of this prompt will depend on your frequency of use.”

Now, I’m sure at some point we might get some knowledgeable people detailing how to do it at home but it is not just a matter of running some descaling solution through it, because, from what I understand, the way the two boilers are connected via a heat exchanger makes it difficult to completely empty the decaler solution which will ruin the taste. The expert method entails removing the boilers and completely emptying them and replacing a few key parts. It is one reason the machines are supposed to come with a bunch of water filters and it is recommended to replace them frequently.

Are the accessories listed on the features tab included? They are NOT listed in the “What’s in the box” section under the SPECS tab.

Um, you could gift me one…and I would be your Best Friend Forever?

Well a friend just bought this machine so I guess I’ll hear first hand how it performs. That said, a few comments:

My reference point BTW is 15 years of owning espresso machines, my current is a Quickmill Vetrano Rotary paired with a Mazzer Super Jolly grinder.

Pros: Great price. Hands down. You cannot get even remotely close to these features for less than another $1000.00

Cons:

• No “no burn” steam wand. Most high end machines now have double wall no burn wands.

• vibe pump. After owning a booth vibe and rotary, I’m never going back to vibe.

• steam looks weak. This is a pretty big deal AND one of the reasons for having a double boiler. It took her (video) way too long to stretch that milk.

• no plumb in. This is a variable, if you pull more than 2 shots/day then you’re going to wish you had the option to plumb it in. Refilling the reservoir gets old real fast.

• Plastic water tray. Nit pick but come on!

• descale; having to send it in for descaling is a big negative. That said, as someone else mentioned, someone will post a how-to soon enough.

It’s been a long to see an item sold out overnight on woot. I guess this ws the deal. Hope this comes back and will grab one.

So much want, but sold out. :frowning:

Dadgum, you people want your Espresso. Sorry it’s sold out. :frowning:

D: WHY

do it again plz

Nooo I missed it. This is what I get for forgetting to check Woot last night before I go to bed. I’ve been trying to get one of these new at over half off retail it’s a steal even if it’s refurb.

Woot please get more of these for a later date.

woot, please get more!

I have already invested in a solid grinder which may outclass my old Solis SL70. Now it’s time to upgrade the espresso machine…

Wow, a $500 cof… Er, espresso… machine sold out in ~8 hours? Impressive.

Get more pleeeeeease!

Dang it! Snooze ya lose. I thought about it too long & missed out.