Breville the Juice Fountain® Multi-Speed

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6]
http://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/2de35f24-2937-4a22-bac5-02eb8715bc53.jpg

Breville the Juice Fountain? Multi-Speed
Price: $109.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Monday, Feb 16 to Tuesday, Feb 17) + transit
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

[http://www.wootstalker.com/images/buy.png

Buy It](Breville the Juice Fountain® Multi-Speed) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/amazon.png

Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Breville the Juice Fountain? Multi-Speed) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/google.png

Search Google](Breville - Google Shopping the Juice Fountain? Multi-Speed)

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
4/1/2014 - $119.99 - Click To See Discussion (93 comments)
2/19/2014 - $119.99 (Woot-off) - Click To See Discussion (2 comments)
1/31/2014 - $119.99 - Click To See Discussion (19 comments)

8/14/2014 - $119.99 (Woot Plus)
7/11/2014 - $119.99 (Woot Plus)
6/17/2014 - $119.99 (Woot Plus)

Time to check out the product page and near perfect reviews (4.8 out of 5.0) over at bedbathandbeyond.com and at macys.com(4.7 out of 5.0)

4.8 Stars over at Williams-Sonoma

Rating of 4.2 out of 5 at Amazon

If you want a centrifugal juicer, there is none better than Brevilles. Not only are they built to last, but they also extract more juice than any other centrifugal juicer I’ve tried – and at a faster rate. The pulp come out extremely dry. Apples are pulverized within seconds, and smaller apples can be inserted whole without cutting.

It is also thoughtfully designed, making it easier to clean than other juicers. There are few crevices and most days, it just takes rinsing under a strong stream of hot water and a quick brushing of the blades/filter. Use some detergent if there is any sticky residue.

FYI, the secret to easy cleaning is to clean immediately. Never let the pulp and juice dry. If you can’t clean the parts immediately, leave them soaking in water (soap optional) until you can clean them. The key is to prevent drying.

Another good idea is to line the pulp container with a bag. Use a clean food bag if you plan on using the pulp as food. Or just use a shopping bag if you plan on discarding it, or using it for mulch. You can then simply remove the bag and the pulp container remains clean.

If you like apple juice, centrifugal juicing is the safest method of juicing. Apple seeds contain cyanide, a neurotoxin. Centrifugal juicers fling the seeds aside with the pulp, without breaking them. Masticating juicers chew and mash the fruit, including the seeds. That puts the cyanide into the juice. Worst of all are blenders like the Vitamix, which pulverizes everything including the seeds. If you use masticators or blenders, you MUST remove the seeds first. That’s why centrifugal juicers are much faster and safe for apples.

Vitamix fanatics will often claim that their “juices” (more accurately, purees) is more nutritious. They claim that you get all the goodness of fiber, and the blender won’t “oxidize” the juice. Here’s the truth:

1. All the known benefits of fiber lie in the SOLUBLE fiber. They include substances like pectin and physllium (aka Metamucil). Soluble fiber is retained in the juice. It’s what gives juices body and thickness. Studies suggest that they prevent heart disease and cancer. INSOLUBLE fiber, found in the pulp and skin, has no real benefit. Since it’s insoluble, it basically goes from your mouth to your feces intact, undigested and unmetabolized. it does make you feel fuller, but in large quantities, it also causes bloating, diarrhea and flatulence. That said, there may be some micronutrients found only in the skin. Regardless, don’t let Vitamix scammers fool you into thinking that there is some major fiber advantage to blending over juicing. You can bet that they don’t know the difference between Soluble and Insoluble fiber.

2. Some claim that all the spinning introduces oxygen into the juice, oxidizing the nutrients. It’s absolutely true that the juice is aerated. All the foam is proof. However, I have yet to find any study showing that there is a nutritional difference or epidemiological study showing that Vitamix users are healthier. I’ve challenged Vitamix proponents and none have come up with any evidence.

If you don’t like wasting food, save the pulp. You can use it in place of fats in baking. You can also mix it into yogurts and ice cream. I especially like using veggie pulp to make vegetable broth.

I bought one of these about a year ago here on Woot. At the time I was afraid that I was enamored with the idea of making juice more than I was actually going to make juice. I was a fanatic with it for about a month, and the thing has sat on my counter ever since. I even bought a “cook” book that had all sorts of recipes, but to no avail. I’m not indicating that there’s anything wrong with the juicer. It did everything they claimed it would. It even looks cool on my counter.

That’s the problem with any juicer. It takes time, fruit needed to make a batch is costly and (for some people) it ends up unused.

But for dedicated users, it is a whole different world.

People with $15 drip coffee makers using store-brand cans of coffee think it odd that I use a manual lever espresso maker to make an ounce of “coffee” from expensive beans.

So this is a common kitchen issue.

Checked the Mothership and found this most curious review:

“This is a great machine, but will not work on our off grid solar electric system nor with a generator. So we have to drive 1 mile to the neighbor’s house to make juice.”

You can get this and other Breville items on there website. This is available for $99 re-manufactured with free shipping. This is the best company I have ever worked with for customer support. They have fixed or replaced every Breville item I own without hesitation. I bought the coffee maker from Woot and Breville has fixed it every time.

Another 90 day wonder toy that takes up counter space.

I had a similar model worked fine except all the extra labor/driving, cost of buying and storing items to juice. …it gets old real fast.

It was so much easier/cheaper to just buy Fresh Juice.

But then that’s me … you may have a lot more counter space and time to devote to this hobby.

Jarden Corporation, is a leading provider of a diverse range of consumer products with over 120 brands sold globally.

Acquisitions:
Breville, founded in 1932 in Melbourne, Australia.
Holmes Products, founded in 1982, by Jordan Kahn, in Milford, Massachusetts
John Oster Manufacturing Company, founded in 1924
Mr. Coffee, founded in 1972 in Cleveland, Ohio
Sunbeam Products, founded in 1897 in Boca Raton, Florida
The Rival Company, founded in 1932

Acquisitions:
Ball Corporation, founded in 1880 in Broomfield, Colorado.
Diamond Match Company, founded in 1932 in Wilmington, Delaware.
First Alert, founded in 1958 in Aurora, Illinois.
United States Playing Card Company, founded in 1867 in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Yankee Candle, founded in 1969 in South Deerfield, Massachusetts.

So all the brands depend on the whims of one company.

Yeah, So to you Breville is a sunbeam. Well, Breville may not be a rival to the coffee in my holme, but I have a suspicion that Yankee candle may be playing with matches. Consider this your first alert; Breville may be concentrating uranium in his centrifuges so he can make a bomb before the Obomba even thinks of the possibility!