Breville the Juice Fountain Plus

**Item: **Breville the Juice Fountain Plus
Price: $79.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $18 Two-Day OR $21 One-Day
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

[Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Breville the Juice Fountain Plus)

[Search Google](Google the Juice Fountain Plus)

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
8/28/2013 - $79.99 - 79 comment(s)

I got one of these the last time around and I love it. Very easy to use and clean. With the large chute, I only have to cut apples if they’re large. After juicing, I put the container in the fridge while I spend a couple of minutes cleaning up all the grinding parts. I put a produce bag in the back bin for easy cleanup of pulp.

Some additional info and great reviews (4.5 out of 5.0) can be found over at the product page

and

Great reviews (4.7 out of 5.0) over at macys.com

Let’s watch a video [youtube=mdGFhtCfFPc][/youtube]

I bought this last time and would definitely buy it again.

What it juices well: All solid hard items (apples, celery, cucumber)

What is juices “ok”: Green leafy vegetables (Kale, chard)

What it has a hard time with: Soft dense items (mango, banana, avocado)

IS there a juicer that can juice mango, banana or avocado?

I had one of these and had to return it. There was a small gap in the unit and carrot juice came flying out, staining my white shirt.

I suggest wearing an apron the first few times to make sure you don’t have a defective unit, unless you want your clothes to look like a Jackson Pollock painting.

Slow RPM juices such as the OMEGA VRT. I think in the hard core juicing community they ignore these faster juicers because they oxidize the juice which gives lower quality juice.

The trade off is an Omega VRT is 400 dollars…

Got one last time and love it. Fast efficient, easy to clean.

love it so much I got a 2nd one for our cabin off ebay. Paid almost as much for the ‘used’ one as getting the new one off woot.

should have waited for a woot rerun!

this reminds me of a saturday night live skit.

This was the top pick from America’s Test Kitchen. I picked one up new a couple of weeks ago and have been happy with it so far. Using it at least once a day.

It’s easier to clean than other juicers I’ve used but still be prepared to spend a solid 5 minutes cleaning it after each use, though.

The trick to juicing soft fruits is to juice them first followed by hard fruits.

Love, Love, LOVE this juicer! I had the compact before which was great as well, but when my husband started juicing was a pain because I’d have to empty the pulp tank after one juice. This can easily juice enough for two for meal replacement or four as a nutrition boost. I just put a plastic sack in the pulp container for easier hauling out to the chickens. Mine is from the last Woot offering and I’ve used it daily since!

I have this juicer but paid almost twice as much. As others have said, it cleans easily and works very well. Love it!

I bought this last woot and have not used it yet since I’m on the fence to move to slow RPM juicer such as Omega or Hurom. I think juicing fruit is pointless as we should just eat them as is. I’m looking into juicing more of leafy greens so Omega would be a good fit.

For those who juiced leafy greens with this unit, would comment on that how well it extracted juice out of them?

BTW Omega J8006 is about $270. Don’t have to have VRT model. Still expensive than this model but it comes with 10 yrs warranty for unit and parts.

We had a variable speed Breville unit for a few weeks, but ended up returning it to Amazon due to the speed switch malfunctioning.
Clean up goes a lot easier if you do save your plastic grocery sacks and put them in the catch basin like the video above shows.

We got really excited about juicing after watching the movie Fat Sick and Nearly Dead, so we tried to juice for a bit. It’s very expensive. Is there any real benefit between juicing your own versus the green machine Naked brand juice besides variety in what you can make?

Basically a couple of double handfulls of kale gets you a couple of tablespoon of juice from my experience. You definately need to feed something “juicier” in after the greens to get a decent yield.

I bought this the last time it was on Woot and its a GREAT and very strong juicer!

Its large, so be prepared to make room for it on your counter, and sadly I’m not using mine regularly (which I had planned to do), but its an excellent juicer at an excellent price and you won’t be disappointed.

The aforementioned America’s Test Kitchen review: http://www.americastestkitchen.com/equipment_reviews/1382-electric-juicers-juice-extractors