Breville YouBrew Coffee Maker

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3]
http://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/b3b05191-9a0c-4fce-8c8a-bd789f7e0091.jpg

Breville YouBrew Coffee Maker
Price: $139.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $12 Two-Day OR $15 One-Day
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Monday, Jul 07 to Tuesday, Jul 08) + transit
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

[http://www.wootstalker.com/images/buy.png

Buy It](Breville YouBrew Coffee Maker) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/amazon.png

Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Breville YouBrew Coffee Maker) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/google.png

Search Google](Breville - Google Shopping YouBrew Coffee Maker)

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
5/26/2014 - $139.99 - 24 comment(s)
9/25/2013 - $139.99 (Woot-off) - 1 comment(s)
9/24/2013 - $139.99 (Woot-off) - 4 comment(s)

4/15/2014 - $139.99 (Woot Plus)
10/18/2013 - $139.99 (Woot Plus)
4/11/2013 - $140.00 (Woot Plus)

Time to check out the product page and need support? All of your questions answered over on Breville’s support page and check out this review over at gizmodo

Bought one of these for home at Williams Sonoma, then when Woot had them last year I bought one for the office. Breville makes good products and their service is outstanding…this machine is no exception.

All you have to do is keep it clean and it will do its job. The first one for about three years now every day and the one from woot is used three times a day. Can not ask for more.

This unit is legit. I’ve had mine for about a year with no issues. I am really into coffee and this is the best g&b on the market. I’ve tried numerous and have had all the Cuisinart models. I have the glass carafe and prefer it over thermal because you don’t have to preheat the carafe. The downside it does burn a little after 2h on the warmer.

Pros:

• Easy to clean.
  • Makes the best coffee in the g&b arena.
  • Auto measures water to match strength and grinds the beans.
  • Single cup is nice but I don’t use it much. It’s easier to just pour the carafe.

Cons:

• It grinds fine so you go through more beans than the average g&b. This is also a pro because the coffee is great.
  • You have to clean often, like once a week if you use it daily. I mean a deep clean where you clean the wheel and chute.

You won’t be disappointed. Just remember this is thermal, so the carafe will absorb some of the heat from the initial brew. The coffee will still be hot but not really hot which I prefer.

One more coffee gear from Breville, but not BES920. Keep waiting…

I love Breville things, but America’s Test Kitchen was not impressed with this (this review is from Cook’s COuntry):

“This is a pricey grind-and-brew machine that does the thinking for you—after you fuss with the endless customizable options. It spent a measly 16 percent of its long brew cycle in the ideal temperature zone—no wonder the coffee tasted ‘weak’ and ‘bitter.’ Most important, the brew basket is too small to hold the SCAA-recommended amount of coffee when brewing a full pot.”

“One machine was just fussy to operate: While it features an attached burr grinder and is endlessly customizable, it is also endlessly time-consuming in terms of setup and features an upward-tilting display that’s hard to read. And the machine is riddled with annoying (and worrisome) reminders to clean and dry various parts or risk failure.”

Here’s the video from ATK:
[youtube=gggDqQ5yh6o][/youtube]

Bought a factory reconditioned unit from WOOT some time ago. Some quirks but all in all a good, reliable machine; much better than the Cuisinart units we’ve previously had.

I am a coffee perfectionist and this is the best automatic coffee maker that I’ve ever owned. I don’t use the inner grinder because it uses too many beans. I use an external grinder which can grind beans finer. Finally, a coffee maker that makes HOT coffee.

This is a deal breaker for me. If I was to buy a grind & brew it would be to set a timer so I get fresh ground coffee brewed while I’m in the shower or just before I get up. But with a thermal carafe (which I prefer) you do need to preheat it.

Best brew coffee maker I’ve ever owned. Got a refurbished one from woot about a year ago. It does use a lot of beans, but that’s the only con. Blows every other grind and brew away in engineering, functionality and taste.

Woot Staff: I NEED a Breville BES920 Dual Boiler espresso machine. Please offer this just one more time! And when you do,so I don’t miss it just put me down for one, charge the card, and put it in the mail…

Got mine here about a year ago. It’s is simply wonderful… carafe or single cup (various sizes up to 16+ oz).

You must wipe clean the sealing disk right away after every brew. Otherwise moisture will seep up the discharge chute and then you’re in for a messy clean-out.

One problem with many of these units is that the clock does not keep time. I don’t know if it is a 50hz/60hz problem. I’ve contacted Breville and it seems unfixable. So if you want a pot of coffee waiting for you in the morning, you’ll have to periodically reset your clock time.

Sometimes you’ll have to give the closure an extra squeeze to ensure that the brew controls are activated. Even though the latch “clicks” the filter/reservoir holder may not be fully-engaged.

Another noteworthy item… bean grinding is LOUD. If the clock kept time, you could use this as a wake-up alarm. Everyone in the house will know you’re making coffee.

Despite its quirks, I really like this unit. Say goodbye to Keurig and their limited choices and overpriced modules. This is the coffee maker to have.

I echo all the comments above. I got mine in April here on Woot. Was concerned about the “too loud” comments (concerning the grinding) but it turned out not to be an issue. Best brew coffee maker I’ve ever owned. If you’re on the fence… go for it. You’ll be pleased.

Just to offer another reference point, my clock is extremely accurate. Keeps good time for months and has never been even a minute off.

So, it seems the previous models of this on Woot have been refurbished, rather than factory reconditioned. The definitions seem to differ a little bit from place to place. Can someone clarify what Woot’s standards on refurbished and reconditioned products are?

“Refurbished” covere everything from buyers’ remorse to returns and products whose defects have been repaired by the pros to damaged packaging and discontinued items. If you can accept their checked past, refurbs have a lot of love to give.

A “factory reconditioned” item was returned, inspected, and restored to fully working condition by the original manufacturer or a certified partner. And the original manufacturer stands behind it with a warranty. It’s as close to new as you can get without technically being “new”.

Here’s the official definition by a previous Woot staffer of the conditions and here’s an explanation of refurbished/recertified that may help.

We have one and we love it. It take awhile for you to figure out which settings you want for one’s individualized custom brew…but then you just memorize that. :wink:

We really like the one cup option too.

Thank you, Rogetray! The first link appears to be broken, though. The second link was extremely helpful! :smiley: