Breville YouBrew Coffee Maker

**Item: **Breville YouBrew Coffee Maker
Price: $139.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $12 Two-Day OR $15 One-Day
Condition: Refurbished

[Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Breville YouBrew Coffee Maker)

[Search Google](Google YouBrew Coffee Maker)

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
2/22/2013 - $139.99 - 12 comment(s)
2/19/2013 - $139.99 (Woot-off) - 17 comment(s)
1/15/2013 - $139.99 - 62 comment(s)
12/14/2012 - $139.99 - 44 comment(s)

4/11/2013 - $140.00 (Woot Plus)

I have this coffee maker. I bought it from Woot! a few months ago. It does a great job grinding and brewing coffee.
As you might know or guess, it is very loud when it burr grinds the beans.
It is somewhat of a complicated mechanism and requires regular maintenance to keep it from clogging up in the coffee ground chute.
I ultimately put this one away in the pantry and have opted for a Keurig to make my coffee. Partly because I’m the only one who drinks coffee in the morning.
This is a cool, high tech coffee maker. I give it a thumbs up. (But not two)

My Aunt has a Cuisinart Grind and Brew, similar to this. I cant believe all the cleaning that is involved. I don’t know how she puts up with it. I would never buy a grinder/coffee maker combination due to the cleaning that is inevitably involved.

We have had this coffee maker for close to a year and LOVE it.

People talk about the maintenance and the need to clean it out the chute where the ground coffee comes out - and we really have NOT had that problem. We did once and that was when we used the basket and filter when the were WET instead of papertoweling them off first.

Other item of note - the carafe coffee comes out MUCH stronger than the cup by cup basis. We do a strength of 1 on the carafe, and a 3 on the cup (and the carafe is still stronger).

I always wash and dry all the parts after each use and never use the machine with wet parts. I quit using the mesh permanent filter and switched to paper filters. This eliminated the fine “silt” sediment in the bottom of the cup. The clogging, in my experience, resulted from the type of beans used. When I use a darker roast and consequesntly oily bean, the ones roasted by Starbucks for Costco, the burr plates and chute would clog after about a week of daily use. When I switched to a medium roast, Kona bean, I did not experience near the amount of clogging. But, I would take the bean hopper off, remove the burr plate and clean out the chute and grind area every week just to ensure a good experience.