Bridge 1904 Napa Cabernet Sauvignon (4)

Bridge 1904 Cabernet Sauvignon 4-Pack, presented by Vincent Arroyo Winery
Sold by: Vincent Arroyo Winery
$64.99 $149.00 56% off List Price
2014 Bridge 1904 Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley

Wait - wine on a Thursday? Am I on the right site?

Blame it on the woot-off.
Or Corrado…

In for one…it’s been awhile… :slight_smile:

I have the distinct honor to celebrate International Cabernet Day by sampling a 2014 Bridge 1904 Cabernet Sauvignon, a side-label produced by Vincent Arroyo Winery in Calistoga, Napa Valley.

I sampled this wine over two successive nights after letting the wine rest a couple days after shipment. The bottle was a heavy one and slightly tapered. When poured, the wine was a dark-ruby shade, and swirling produced even ridges and legs on the glass. On the nose, the early aromas were tainted by the oxygen exchange, but after about 30 to 45 minutes, there was a more pronounced cherry smell. Since I didn’t decant the bottle, the same process happened the next night.

I enjoyed sipping this wine immensely. It was a full-bodied and bold wine, like one would expect in a good Cabernet, but it was also very soft and silky. What a nice thing to find such a strong but elegant wine. Although it was jammy and plummy, it was enhanced by very fine tannins, and it left a slightly dry feeling on the palate. This wasn’t a fruit bomb, and I had the impression that, given a couple of years in the cellar and some good decanting, its complexity would increase further, deepening in richness.

With a Chardonnay companion, this wine was designed for nice restaurants. This wine stands well on its own without food pairing, although a little mild cheese was nice.

As a side note, about a week ago, a Golden Ticket was sent by WineDavid while we were on a cross-country road trip. I am indebted to a wine mentor across town for doing that review for me, and to Ariana for putting me quickly back on the list for such a great wine!

Damn; a TtC sighting!

nice!

yes, and it’s international cab day.

You describe this wine as a full bodied wine and the winery describes it as a medium bodied wine. May I ask what your favorite Varietal is so I can better understand your input. BTW, Thanks for your review.

Dang…I’m in for one (okay maybe two)

Howdy!

Might want to update page or correct Mass in the listing… 'cus upon checkout it says noooo Massachusetts, PLEASE REMOVE FROM CART!! This cart will self destruct in 5 seconds!!!
Beginning to think Napa doesn’t like mass., everything I purchase is limited to Sonoma? Mass is never on the Napa offers? WTHay

I may have been a bit too “full-bodied” with my comment. It was full-bodied in its flavor profile, perhaps more medium-bodied in its actual viscosity. I do love a good Zinfandel most.

Does that help at all?

good lord.

Opened a bottle of the 2012 tonite, and based on that, in for one. Hope the 2014 is at least as good. So far, 2014s seem to be doing well, so maybe I’ll hate myself for not doing 2 or 3 of this.

I’m sorry…I guess…

Apologies for whining. I was feeling sorry for myself for unrelated reasons which put me in a bad state of mind.

What chipgreen wants, chipgreen gets. Rattage ensuing.