Bridge 1904 Napa Valley Chardonnay (4)

An offer from VA has my attention.
Always a stop when up there with MdS.
Rats, and hopefully some winery participation would be a plus.

Bridge 1904 Napa Valley Chardonnay 4-Pack, presented by Vincent Arroyo Winery
$54.99 $132.00 58% off List Price
2013 Bridge 1904 Chardonnay, Napa Valley

[grape]

You’re in luck!

We had this at the recent Wooter gathering this last Saturday.

Nice simple label, back label not much info.
Lighter weight bottle.

Wine pours a deep golden yellow. No sediment.
Nose is fresh baked apples,maybe a hint of cinnamon. Great fruit profile still. And not much oak comes through. My wife mentioned Carmely banana.

the palate: Great fruit with little spice, a bit of oak in the finish. Very middle of the road style wise and really delicious. It was my wife’s favorite wine of the night.

Recommended.

Oh yeaI liked this one a lot! Had more tropical fruit than citrus. It did have just the right amount of oak for my palate. Nicely balanced too. Highly recommend.

TA: 8.1
That’s almost enough acid to cause hallucinations. :tongue:

Reminds me of that time I got in the car to drive to Chicago and ended up in Indianapolis…

I don’t drink chard, but when I do, I drink unoaked Iron Horse.

That being said, I had the pleasure of trying this at our recent gathering.

I agree with both Cortot and Tyger. This was an enjoyable wine. I found it crisp, with pronounced tropical notes, and a perfect oak treatment in my opinion.

I felt it was best a tad chilled.

Well I don’t paint by numbers and fortunately I don’t drink by them either, And lets not talk about the past and that acid head thing :slight_smile:

Came across crisp but not over the top acidic.

I’m sure high TA wines can come across as well balanced just like high Alc wines can. Sounds like a wine that both SWMBO and myself would enjoy. I might even pull the trigger if it comes up again when safer shipping temperatures return.

I got to try this at the woot gathering as well. I don’t like most Chardonnays I’ve tried, but this one was good. I think the price is fair.

These aren’t rats, they are enablers. Pure and simple. :tongue:

Splitz?

You are not going to get serious for science reviews from events. Just brief notes and impressions. And in this particular case it was a great bottle of wine, so it was an easy one. If you absolutely have to have it I’ll take 2 off your hands. :slight_smile:

Agree completely! But I will buy a full set when the weather cools a bit.

[grape]

The Gods smiled upon us recently! Helios, driving his Sun chariot, (likely appreciating a hot and sultry summer day) delivered to the Panda household a bottle of Bridge 1904 Napa Valley Chardonnay! After rejoicing and offering proper thanks to the Gods, we decided to partake of our gift. Initially, we were welcomed with a crisp taste of apple, then a clean, ever so gentle vanilla finish. However, faster than Zeus can throw lightening, it changed. The finish became bitter, leaving an unpleasantly long lasting mouth taste. Oh, the temptation of that first sip. The Gods tempted us, but Helios might have placed our gift too close to the heat of his chariots wheel during the dog days of summer. Based on our first taste, we would definitely like to try this again; perhaps when the sun is lower on the horizon and the season after grapes are harvested.

But I don’t have your new address…