Briggs & Stratton 2.5 Gallon Gas Can

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Briggs & Stratton 2.5 Gallon Gas Can
$9.99 + $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day Shipping
Condition: New

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Finally, an item to actually assist during the apocalypse. In for 3.

Aww yeah! I’ve been waiting for a deal like this on a…wait…what? Is that a gas can?

Ten Bucks? Does it come pre-fueled?

Hopefully these will come with some power converters…

This must be for the Corvette mouse. Can’t surf the web without 91 octane.

If it came filled with gas these would be a top notch deal!!

Those CARB-certified spouts are great, once you get the hang of operating them. No leaks, no spills.

Until the spring on the nozzle breaks off, rendering the entire thing a useless waste of money. Fuck CARB.

“Spill-proof system” / “Auto shut-off” = you have to hold the green ring with one hand while you pour.

I bought this from the local big-box retailer and absolutely HATE IT. It’s a MAJOR PITA to use.

On the bright side for me - the POS Hitachi leaf blower Woot! sold me never worked again after the first use, so I don’t have to worry about it.

That’s true, but as slow as Woot! shipping is you may not get it by the 21st!

There are too many bureaucrats employed by the EPA. The vapors from the old cans wasn’t a problem; it was just about the government grabbing more power.
Pressing that lip of the spout on the edge of the gas tank opening to release the gas won’t work on many smaller B&S engines since they aren’t deep enough. The spout hits the bottom before it opens to release the gas.

What don’t you like about it? Just the control makes it hard to use. Mine is like that takes to long to empty. But I guess that’s nice that it goes slow.

sounds like how they’ve bottle-necked and plastic-infused small engines due to their emissions.

PFFffft. I’d like to see them control emissions on modified diesel trucks, ALL gas vehicles, and other real causes of pollution. that everybody and their grandma uses every day. Instead of good running chainsaws, weed eaters, leaf blowers and other gas powered tools, they’ve successfully made several generations of poor-running, weak, disposable (WORST PART!) versions that don’t last one tenth the life of a proper tool.

Problem is this- new cans are different and require special instructions (you have to vent BEFORE you pour) to use.

Not everyone is used to doing it a “new” way. There is a video (see link below):

http://www.briggsandstratton.com/support/frequently-asked-questions/Smart%20Fill%20Gas%20Can/

And yes I know how ridiculous this sounds- since we do we need a video for instructions on how to pour gas out of a gas can???