Bright Light White Wine - 6 Pack

Bright Light White Wine - 6 Pack
$54.99 + $5 shipping
CONDITION: White
PRODUCT: 6 2009 Bright Light Dry California White Wine
CT link above

Winery website

What kind of grapes might they have used in this delicacy?

Edit - love Gundlach Bundschu wines, so very curious about this one…

I’m really not a wine person, but does anyone know if these are relatively easy to enjoy? (no supremely refined tastes required?) they look like a great deal…

The description says:

"“Sure the flavors are familiar: key lime, chilled crisp slices of honeydew,” "

So I’m guessing that this is more of a fruity sweet wine than dry oaky?

J

From the website:
Bright Light is a fresh, aromatic blend
of chardonnay, albariño and gewürztraminer
sourced from the cool, coastal valleys
of Sonoma and Monterey Counties.

Well I’m tempted.

http://www.brightlightwhite.com/wine.html fyi.

I am sure this is right up my alley, just not in my budget! AHH! Why!

Very inexpensive wine with a glow-in-the-dark label? I think I’ll pass on this one.

could this double as a night light for the kids room?

EEK! No info on grapes, sugar, etc…no bueno

What’s throwing you on the negative side, the price per bottle or the label? (Just curious.)

Mmm, sounds like a lovely blend. And if I don’t like it, Mom probably will. In for 1.

BTW, if you take away all the “poetry” from the description on their page, you can glean what they intended with the blend:

Sounds good to me!

Okay digging around…

http://biggerthanyourhead.net/2010/09/27/the-rockin-wines-of-jeff-bundschu/
Bright Light 2009 is an unusual combination of chardonnay with gewurztraminer and albariño. The wine is incredibly clean and fresh; peach and pear, lychee and melon are seamlessly woven with a wafting of jasmine and honeysuckle, and then, after a few moments, with notes of tangerine and dried grass. Flavors of roasted lemon and spiced pear (with a hint of dried thyme) are bolstered by tongue-grabbing acidity and a long finish jazzed by the slight bitterness of lemon pith and lime peel. Drink through Summer 2011. Very attractive as an aperitif or with grilled seafood like shrimp and mussels. Alcohol content is 14.1 percent. 1,000 cases were produced. Very Good+. About $10 to $13, a Good Value.

Hi all. Never fear, this is a serious yet very easy to drink DRY white blend of albarino, chardonnay and gewurztraminer. In a fun package and at a great price. Albarino comes from Monterey, chard an gewurz from Sonoma Valley. What else can i tell you to assure you this is a fantastic deal?

wow. staff’s got the research down pat for me.

I went for one. Bought the mixed six of Rockus Bockus and Swami Pinot Noir. Love the R-B and thought I would give this inexpensive white a whirl.

My wish has been answered by the Woot Gods. Thank you!

Drink through Summer 2011? Does that mean it’s past its prime? Just wondering…

Also wondering… are they going to throw in extra labels like they did with their last offering? Really enjoyed the Rockus Bockus. Haven’t tried the Swami yet.

What kind of threw me off (besides being white, which I generally am not interested in) is that the writeup had no descriptions of the grape, but felt that the label art was notable. I guess, that says to me, that they are more impressed with the label than the contents. But, that is my two cents. I have heard nothing but good things about GB, but that made me leery.

I try to be helpful!