Brine/Estero Youth Athletic Shorts, 5pk

Man, I am so tempted to get these for my 10 year old son, but they look pretty short compared to his other athletic shorts. Anyone want to venture a guess on the length on these for a Medium? I guess the bigger question is if they are soccer/lacrosse shorts for the 90s or present day.

Ditto here. My son “needs” his pockets! Gotta have someplace to hold that cellphone on the rare occasions when it isn’t in his hands. Heaven forbid if we have to stop someplace before or after practice and he doesn’t have a pocket!

Just noting from the wikipedia sizing tables that Girl’s sizes are completely different than Boy’s. I don’t see where girl vs boy is specified for these shorts, so you really have no idea what size you’ll get.

i wanna to choose a XS size one, black color is the best. i had a same white one but it is too transparent , so i prefer black,more easier to wash

I’m thinking the actual sizes of these shorts are more along the lines of the “Young junior sizes” chart from the above commenter’s link…since it has a similar numbering scheme with the slashes and all. Maybe…maybe not.

Wootstaff, Any idea what the inseam would measure on these. Got 2 15 yr old daughters and they don’t need to be walking around having their butts hang out the back!

Looks uncomfortably short for my 12 and 9 year old boys, though…(thinking back to my jr high basketball uniforms…)

Many regulated intramural sports require that your shirt and shorts not have pockets. Every sport during my four years of college was like this. And yes, they enforce it. I got booted from a basketball game.lol

These athletic shorts are a fabulous price when you think about how 1 pair of similar shorts are about $20. I bought these same shorts on another deal site a few months ago (6 for 14.99) for my 4 year old son. He’s rather tall and lean, so I ordered the XXS and XS (one for this year, one for next year). Just like here, the colors were randomly sent and I received black for both orders. The XXS seemed a little wide/poofy, but that’s kind of the nature of these shorts if you’ve ever worn them. When he was running around on the field in them, any issue with fit I thought he had was no longer an issue.

As far as quality, they’re really thin and have no sort of backing (which is normal for this type of short, but I’m just throwing this out there for those who may not know).

They wash up fine - I normally don’t throw them in the dryer, but the pairs that’ve slipped through have done all right and are fine.

I was wondering the same thing. I guess, if worse comes to worse, I can pair them with tall striped tube socks and a terrycloth headband and convince him that the retro eighties look is back in style (which, I guess, it kinda is).

Brine & Athletic Shorts are words that should never be used together

It is nice having a younger kid. Bought the xxs and the xs as my older is right on the line. If the xs is too small, I’ll save it for my younger to wear. At least they have real drawstrings if I am reading the description right. And $2.50 per pair of any shorts is cheap (in for 2 plus shipping).

I guess men could wear these when they just want to hang out.

Brine is a fairly well known soccer brand. These are soccer shorts. That’s why they have a shorter inseam. They are very durable and very comfortable, though.

Not to mention the “random” colors might end up being white and the pinkish red. Looks like a great deal for girls, but for boys not looking to get bullied…

What, does your kid need somewhere to carry his smokes?

Thanks! This is what I needed to know haha

Good to know that '80s fashions haven’t completely died out…

How about a shirt with a pocket?

I want to order 1 med pack and 1 large…why won’t the web site let me do this? I don’t want to pay double shipping

Even with that size chart, are these juniors’ sizes or kids’ sizes? That makes a big difference.