Bring back Woody1

Woody1 was banned for trying to help people less fortunate than us.
Was it really that big of a deal?

I hope they choose to let him back on - under another username.

But there needs to be a lesson learned. These are private forums, and the owners made their position on spamming perfectly clear long ago:

[quote user=“the FAQ”]We know spamming and forum vandalism when we see it. We will enjoy ruthlessly destroying it. So bring it, chumps! Bring it!
[/quote]

[quote user=“obob”][/quote]STFU and GFY, obob.

You’re welcome to your opinion.

Good thing for you the forums aren’t filled with spam, or no one would bother reading it. Allow just one excuse, and others will crawl out of the woodwork in droves.

I dunno about all the rest of the folks around here, but I’d much rather have just one of woody1’s “spam” posts to ignore in each thread instead of these longer bitter arguments in half the threads…

[quote user=“obob”]

You’re welcome to your opinion.

Good thing for you the forums aren’t filled with spam, or no one would bother reading it. Allow just one excuse, and others will crawl out of the woodwork in droves.[/quote]
And you are welcome to your opinion. Duh.
“Gee, Wally, everybody is welcome to their opinion.”
“That’s right, Beave!”

Please, STFU and GFY, really!

Woody was banned? And the FAQ really says that? What the he** happened when I was taking a nap today?!?

Yeah, no kidding!! I was here, ( I thought) and now this???
I missed it all and I was actually here!

[quote user=“acemom”]

Yeah, no kidding!! I was here, ( I thought) and now this???
I missed it all and I was actually here![/quote]
I don’t get it. Why was Woody banned? what site was he promoting? Can someone PM me with that? I wouldn’t want you getting banned for doing the same thing.
Woot- Woody was actually a useful contributer to these forums. His post were at times funny, and/ or informative. It would be ashamed to lose such a member of the community. Can any staffmember offer a viable explanation?

I don’t understand.

What was the spam offence?
Where in the FAQ does it speak of banishment?
Is this thread a hoax?

[quote user=“Alien Research Group”]What was the spam offence?
Where in the FAQ does it speak of banishment?
Is this thread a hoax?
[/quote]

I don’t know about the banning, wasn’t here that late. Woody posted an appeal for a charity which collects glasses in every forum and the sh** hit the fan. Check out the post whore thread from last night; actually there were little pissing contests going on in many threads. Quite the study in human nature.

I won’t say much about it, as I’m sure its sensitive enough already. but woot did what they had to do.

Let me put it like this. If woot didn’t punish woody, it would be like NASCAR not penalizing its more popular drivers(i.e. Dale Earnhardt or Jeff Gordon) for breaking the rules of NASCAR. Woot would look ridiculous had they not done something. No one is exempt from the rules of the forum. If someone breaks the rules you have to punish them, whoever they may be.

[quote user=“cruzer”]I won’t say much about it, as I’m sure its sensitive enough already. but woot did what they had to do.

Let me put it like this. If woot didn’t punish woody, it would be like NASCAR not penalizing its more popular drivers(i.e. Dale Earnhardt or Jeff Gordon) for breaking the rules of NASCAR. Woot would look ridiculous had they not done something. No one is exempt from the rules of the forum. If someone breaks the rules you have to punish them, whoever they may be.

[/quote]

No. When you own the place, you make the rules but you don’t have to follow them. You use your own judgment. And you also don’t have to answer to anybody.

[quote user=“pooflady”]

No. When you own the place, you make the rules but you don’t have to follow them. You use your own judgment. And you also don’t have to answer to anybody.[/quote]

and are you saying woody owned the place?..this would be news to me.

[quote user=“cruzer”]

and are you saying woody owned the place?..this would be news to me.[/quote]

Nope. I’m saying that the Woot powers that be can follow the rules or not, as they deem fit.

[quote user=“pooflady”]

Nope. I’m saying that the Woot powers that be can follow the rules or not, as they deem fit. [/quote]

the woot “gods”(GC, snapster…) have just as strict rules as anyone else. This is their business, and quiet frankly one of the few forms of communication for woot. How will it look on woot if people from woot were “spamming” up the boards, and how does it look when their “clients” post the same message over and over again over 200 times.

maybe I’m just not seeing your point here.

[quote user=“cruzer”]I won’t say much about it, as I’m sure its sensitive enough already. but woot did what they had to do.

[/quote]
To a small degree, you have a point (This isn’t NASCAR, the NFL, or any other
large sports corporation). But should he lose his identity? HELL NO!
Almost all his posts were deleted (concrening the charity) and he started
a charity thread.
As far as the rules go, they are bent here everyday and nothing happens.

Go to the members list and do a search for Woody1.

[quote user=“Snookered”]
To a small degree, you have a point (This isn’t NASCAR, the NFL, or any other
large sports corporation). But should he lose his identity? HELL NO!
Almost all his posts were deleted (concrening the charity) and he started
a charity thread.
As far as the rules go, they are bent here everyday and nothing happens.

Go to the members list and do a search for Woody1.[/quote]

yeah I realize my argument isn’t exactly the most bullet proof, which is good, it allows for more discussion. I have seen many people banned from a forum for much less than what woody did. I know woody’s heart was in a good place, but there is a point where there is too much.

I’m not trying to take sides here, I can’t say that I agree with banning woody, I’m just trying to be fair in this argument

as another sort of question…what rules are being “bent” here, according to you?

[quote user=“cruzer”]

the woot “gods”(GC, snapster…) have just as strict rules as anyone else. This is their business, and quiet frankly one of the few forms of communication for woot. How will it look on woot if people from woot were “spamming” up the boards, and how does it look when their “clients” post the same message over and over again over 200 times.

maybe I’m just not seeing your point here. [/quote]

Who says the Woot gods have just as strict of rules as anyone else? They own the business, they don’t have to follow any rules. What does it matter how it looks? If it hurt business, they’d have some decisions to make, but that’s extremely doubtful. And how many businesses are there that have any communication with their clients? Could have asked Woody to stop. Woody seems like a pretty reasonable guy.